Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > B&I Lions 2017
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gats undermines the Lions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gats undermines the Lions
    Posted: 17 June 2017 at 9:28am
4 of our squad called up - Cory Hill, Gareth Davies, Kristian Dacey and Tomas Francis (who can't even get a start for Exeter) - disgraceful decision which will no doubt have an impact on morale.
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 10:36am
He undermined Lions by having Howley on coaching team but latest selections crazy Launchbury Grey Nel Care Brown will all be rightfully tamping please Warren as well as you have done for Wales please stay at home.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

He undermined Lions by having Howley on coaching team but latest selections crazy Launchbury Grey Nel Care Brown will all be rightfully tamping please Warren as well as you have done for Wales please stay at home.
In fairness, Howler wasnt first choice. Townsend and Schmidt said no. 
Im sure someone else turned it down as well. Then Howley was like that kid in class jumping up and down with his hand in the air until he got noticed!!  

Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 11:22am
I've seen Russell and Dell now joining - Russell at least would have been next on the plane but if the Scots are close enough geographically surely Gray should have got in before Hill!!!
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

I've seen Russell and Dell now joining - Russell at least would have been next on the plane but if the Scots are close enough geographically surely Gray should have got in before Hill!!!
Johnny Gray was absolutely outstanding this morning, there's no justification for selecting Hill over him
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 12:24pm
Wales will find it hard net season, Gatland in his wisdom has given them a great pre-match talk.

Go out there and proof who the true lions are.

I will say Russell and Gareth are potentially Lions, and allegedly in the original x squad asked if they were available.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

Johnny Gray was absolutely outstanding this morning, there's no justification for selecting Hill over him

Except that Hill is a Dragons player, WRU own the Dragons, Gatland is a WRU employee, as has been said on another thread...

Stinks if you ask me.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 2:09pm
Sorry I didn't see there was already a thread (call ups) - don't know if this can be merged into that one
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 2:19pm
Im embarassed for him. Whilst cawdor is a great scrum half , the other choices are simply absurd. Especially hill. It stinks of nepotism. Is gatland really saying hed rather pick hill over launchbury or others better places simply because they are 13 hours away? Gatland has had too much power for far too long and absolute power corrupts absolutely
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 3:02pm
I can see the Argentine point for this Tuesday as jet lag BUT he knew he'd do this and could have called them earlier plus Jonny Gray far better. It's as if he sees the potential benefit to Wales for the future of giving Cory this experience, but if so it should never be about that
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 3:21pm
I can understand calling up Fin Russell as we have an injury at FB and the lock replacement (not the person called mind) but what is the logic for a hooker,S/H and prop where we have no injuries. Voice Woodward tarnished the lions I thought by taking high on every registered player in the British miles, a press corps and the knob jockey Alistair Campbell plus but they seemed to have reverted back to a semblance of common sense after that until good old Gatland gives lions caps like christmas cracker pressies
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

I can understand calling up Fin Russell as we have an injury at FB and the lock replacement (not the person called mind) but what is the logic for a hooker,S/H and prop where we have no injuries. Voice Woodward tarnished the lions I thought by taking high on every registered player in the British miles, a press corps and the knob jockey Alistair Campbell plus but they seemed to have reverted back to a semblance of common sense after that until good old Gatland gives lions caps like christmas cracker pressies
Knob jockey lolLOL
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Knob jockey lolLOL

A phrase somewhat lost I still fondly remember Paul O Donnell de-bagging him on the touchline and saying what have you done to earn this (the tracksuit) which sums up the value of a lions badge and the toil players put in to earn it.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 3:41pm
Two different and very clear distinctions for me.

These players have been called up for 7 days. Merit didn't really come in to it.

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 3:49pm
They've been called up to sit on the bench this midweek game. The inference is that they won't get on unless there is an injury. And if they don't get on, they're not Lions. This is to enable the test 23 to not be involved midweek and to prepare for the test without distractions.

Thus far it makes sense but the Hill over Gray selection is inexplainable.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

They've been called up to sit on the bench this midweek game. The inference is that they won't get on unless there is an injury. And if they don't get on, they're not Lions. This is to enable the test 23 to not be involved midweek and to prepare for the test without distractions.

Thus far it makes sense but the Hill over Gray selection is inexplainable.
especially as the jocks are there down under and just dry humped the aussies with a fantastic display, now up to 5th in the world...is it any wonder the scots fans are up in arms over gatlands squad selections?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic