Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

George North to Ospreys - Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 42>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 11:46am
Originally posted by InTheBath InTheBath wrote:

Isn't this saga mainly fueled by Wales Online articles and gossip? Does anyone know what he actually wants or what he has said?

The quote I posted above was apparently what was said by Wayne.
Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 11:53am
I'm not surprised that Wayne is looking at new back 3 players, we can not put all our eggs in 1 basket, and George will pick what he feels is the best for him, I'll not be surprised if he goes else where, he will want to play in ALL of the big games. and in the Scarlets there is no guarantee of that, and hand on heart I'll have no grudge against him, and just wish him the best. 
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

George N should now be part of a SOAP SERIES!!

Been going on weeks/months!!!

make your mind up man!

To be fair I think Wayne said a couple of weeks ago, that a decision wouldn't be made until after the 6 nations. Now thinking back the initial announcement that I think was made in November (ish), it is my thinking now that George had it in his mind he was joining the Ospreys but he is now waiting to see if they qualify for the Champions Cup before he makes his final decision.

Can't see that happening?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 1:21pm
People are moaning about this saga, they should cast their minds back to the Leigh Halfpenny saga.

Also a bit further back when we were greatful for even being in the running of a rumour.

All part of the thrill of being champions for me.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 1:46pm
it is great to be even thought of like that speedy!
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 1:55pm
Players don't just sign contracts because a few fans are 'bored' of waiting!

North signing an NDC without agreeing a club was unusual in itself, and it's been made clear that nothing would be decided or announced until after the 6Ns. The row with Gaffney at Saints needs smoothing over before next season is sorted, I'd suggest, then it's up to George to consider where he wants to be.

The NDC set-up is curious - presumably the salary terms are set, as the 60/40 payment split is set in stone, so it should just be down to club factors - facilities, culture, style of play and (perhaps importantly for Gatland, Wales & George) whether they see him developing into a centre. Gatland has floated this idea numerous times, as recently as in the last fortnight, so this could have a strong bearing on the ultimate destination. How Ospreys or Cardiff could give constructive input on this discussion without head coaches in place at present, I'm not sure.

I do also wonder if additional 'sponsorship' may be used to supplement the NDC, eg - if Carmarthen Candles sponsored George to play for Scarlets, could this be a legitimate way of enticing a player? Not sure how he NDC 'rules' (if there are any) would play out.

All logic points to a return to Scarlets, although I don't doubt that there'll be various push and pull factors - emotional and financial - for all destinations. But let's not write it or him off because it's taking longer than some of us can bear - there's always another #Tnewsday...

Twitterer @ebenezer68
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 2:37pm

I have heard the wages are in place to pay George covered by a sponsor ...
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

I have heard the wages are in place to pay George covered by a sponsor ...
I thought you had been consuming less lately. Saving up I assume Wink
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
NorthWalianScarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NorthWalianScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 4:33pm
I hope he comes.

Any news on Michael Wells and Angus O'Brian? Hope Phil Price joins also

NorthWalianScarlets
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by NorthWalianScarlet NorthWalianScarlet wrote:

I hope he comes.

Is Nicky Thomas out of the pro game now? I think he went to Bristol on a short term loan until Christmas??
Scarlets before Wales
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:00pm

I hope he comes.

Phil’s contract is in progress
We're still still here!
NorthWalianScarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthWalianScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:09pm
I think Nicky Thomas is with the Dragons currently. He played for the Dragons against us in the hammering we gave them start of this year. Nicky was taken off along with Luke Garrett (who was on loan here last season) after 30 minutes due to our front row completely bossing theirs 
NorthWalianScarlets
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I hope he comes.

Is Nicky Thomas out of the pro game now? I think he went to Bristol on a short term loan until Christmas??

He went to the Dragons on loan and signed a permanent deal.
Shortly after, he was one of the subs Jackman made against us after Just 30mins blasting the players as not good enough...
Jackman then gets rid of Phil Price. Odd call! It’s playerike price Jackman needs! His loss most certainly our gain.

OBrien, Price, Wells and AN Other! TBC by us.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 5:33pm

I think Nicky Thomas is with the Dragons currently. He played for the Dragons against us in the hammering we gave them start of this year. Nicky was taken off along with Luke Garrett (who was on loan here last season) after 30 minutes due to our front row completely bossing theirs 
indeed. Jackman comes across more of a bully with zero man management skills than a head coach.

Edited by PE SA - 14 March 2018 at 5:33pm
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 6:14pm
An other signs interesting pe sa!
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I hope he comes.

He went to the Dragons on loan and signed a permanent deal.
Shortly after, he was one of the subs Jackman made against us after Just 30mins blasting the players as not good enough...
Jackman then gets rid of Phil Price. Odd call! It’s playerike price Jackman needs! His loss most certainly our gain.

OBrien, Price, Wells and AN Other! TBC by us.

Oh yes, that's right. I remember now. It was incredible really.
Scarlets before Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 42>
  Share Topic