Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Rent a Choir"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Rent a Choir"
    Posted: 03 December 2004 at 9:50am

Thats what they  should do at Stradey - big game - get a choir in the crowd to start and keep the singing going.  Perhaps this would remind the rest of us how great it is to hear sospan fach rolling around the ground.

Think they tried this at the millennium but its too big.

Why are Leicester called the tigers surely the cheatahs would be more appropriate
Sponsored Links

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2004 at 11:47am
What a great Idea. I'm sure Cor Mebion LLanelli would do it just for the free seats.
Through Thick And Thin!
Jerry Dammers View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2004 at 11:55am

Originally posted by Lino Lino wrote:

What a great Idea. I'm sure Cor Mebion LLanelli would do it just for the free seats.

Seems to be plenty spare this season

When you have to bring in ways to generate an atmos down Stradey it's a sad day, apart from performances I reckon K.O times have had a bearing on the atmos as well.I know there's prob a couple of examples to go against my argument but Wasps/Leicester home were both Saturday games and they are probably the two finest examples of what a full noisy Stradey can do. Anyway, back to the thread! don't mind a bit of the old Cor meibion really, but in the past I think they've made the mistake (and Dafydd Iwan) of singing to the wrong area, it's the North side that tends to make the noticeable noise (sorry Pwllend!) which carries around, get that side going on you're on a winner!

stuscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2004 at 1:07pm

You are right of course it is sad to have to resort to it and i agree with what you said about the performances in front of the wrong section of crowd.

It would be great if the club at least tried this

Why are Leicester called the tigers surely the cheatahs would be more appropriate
Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2004 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by mr lloyd evans mr lloyd evans wrote:

it's the North side that tends to make the noticeable noise (sorry Pwllend!)

LOL, don't worry Mr LE. It's been known for the odd Pwllend chant to get on the box - will have to tell you about Lemsip Lee Jarvis!! I blame where they put the mic's on a matchday!!
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
P Davies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P Davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2004 at 5:41pm
Whats happened to Jac y Do, the band that used to play in the Scarlets Zone.  Didn't see them on Sunday.
Jerry Dammers View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2004 at 5:45pm

Originally posted by P Davies P Davies wrote:

Whats happened to Jac y Do, the band that used to play in the Scarlets Zone.  Didn't see them on Sunday.

Not my cup of tea at all. Bit of Two Tone we want to get a bit of partying going

scarlet student View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet student Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2004 at 7:00pm
bit of good play with less schoolboy errors is what is needed to get the crowd going. But if anyone wants an alto...
je craque!!!
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2004 at 8:23pm
what a fantastic idea about the choir, i think that would add to the atmosphere at stradey, and therefore lift the performances of the team.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Pancho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pancho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2004 at 3:13pm
All college football games in the USA have a marching band / choir in the stands with the supporters, really effective and creates an awesome atmosphere. It was tried for the Wales v Romania match and I thought it went really well, is good hearing the songs being played continuously throughout the match (but not when a kick is being taken!)
AKA Plim
Pulled a pig in glasgow, thought she was scottish - she was welsh - I WAS DRUNK, Sorry.

FAT BOTTOMED GIRLS MAKE THE ROCKING WORLD GO AROUND ;)

You Aint seen nothing like a mighty quinn
pwllendprincess View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwllendprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2004 at 10:59pm
well i do try to start the singing off but nobody joins in
PwllEnd Princess (P.E.P) xxxx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic