Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llandovery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sky sports at llandovery rfc ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

well done to the coaches of the semi pro's for dumping on the players who have got you where you are so far,the treatment of certain youngsters in the squad is nothing short of shameful,anyone who saw tuesdays game will tell you it would have been lost without luke richards ,yet orders from above mean that cattle and priestland start.it's no wonder that a lot of the players can't wait for the end of season so they can move,in fact one major player has already signed a contract with another premiership side where his talent might be recognised at regional level,gutless yes men wonders,
Im glad i dont know you personally cos you really depress me . where else should we put preistland after last weeks performance ?
Sponsored Links

jonesb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 10:18pm
It has to be realised that the performance of the region is most important. Unfortunately for the players at semi-pro level, it occasionally means that they won't start as regional players need to play in their comeback from injury or to regain form. It's hard on the players who have performed so well for the semi-pro's but the region is what the teams are playing for. Obviously the semi-pro boys are also playing for a shot at professional rugby and they just have to wait for their chance just like Dom Day, Math Jacobs and Shingler have. I also agree though that there are quite a few guys at semi-pro level that deserve a chance with the region after their performances this year.
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 10:18pm

On the other hand Jason Howells is being given a chance on saturday and Steve Martin made his debut on tuesday. The premiership can't just stick to the most in form XV. Surely Priestland should have played for Llanelli before  he came back from injury for the Scarlets. Then he may have been a lot less rusty when he came back. That chargedown early on against Leinster showed that he was nowhere near up to speed and directly led to the collapse of his confidence during that game and the Edinburgh match.

So, ladram, who is the "major player who is leaving"? Unless you are prepared to name him lets go easy on the gutless wonders accusations.

I find it odd that so many players are dying to leave the championship leaders who have the best training facilities and home ground in Wales.
jonesb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 10:21pm
I agree, RP should have played before his comeback but i think the region were struggling for anyone to play 10. I am also surprised that Daf James is not playing in the semi-pro team in his comeback either.
laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

well done to the coaches of the semi pro's for dumping on the players who have got you where you are so far,the treatment of certain youngsters in the squad is nothing short of shameful,anyone who saw tuesdays game will tell you it would have been lost without luke richards ,yet orders from above mean that cattle and priestland start.it's no wonder that a lot of the players can't wait for the end of season so they can move,in fact one major player has already signed a contract with another premiership side where his talent might be recognised at regional level,gutless yes men wonders,
Im glad i dont know you personally cos you really depress me . where else should we put preistland after last weeks performance ?

in a torture chamber!! Just like we were tortured last sunday and a week last saturday watching the clown!!
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2009 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by laura laura wrote:

in a torture chamber!! Just like we were tortured last sunday and a week last saturday watching the clown!!
your sarcism is starting to get boring now , why dont you start using your liverpool season ticket more often if you feel that bad . you have missed 2 home games in the last 10 days .
laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 8:32am

Originally posted by laura laura wrote:

your sarcism is starting to get boring now , why dont you start using your liverpool season ticket more often if you feel that bad . you have missed 2 home games in the last 10 days .
Nice to see your keeping a record rolly! i chose to support the semi pros last tuesday instead! didn't see you there!
StradeGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StradeGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 8:34am
I'm so looking forward to this game! Llandovery have got a very strong team out so it won't be easy.

Catching the train soon, so see you all up there:-)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 9:41am

it's down to man management omri,players train hard are promised the earth and then treated like poop,it isn't just the priestland thing.they all know cattle won't be there next year yet he is picked ahead of the other 2 scrum halves,

omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 11:58am
Unfortunately due to Robert's injury Cattle will probably be required by the Scarlets for their next couple of matches and he now needs game time. Personally I would pick Lee Williams ahead of Cattle every time but he has been away with the sevens. Now that he's reached the heights in that field he has to decide what to do next season. Hopefully, unless Liam returns, he will at least be on the bench regularly unless that is he goes off with the sevens again.
welsh treg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welsh treg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 2:48pm
Drovers result anyone ???

WT
No One's has called me moonlight Graham in 50 years
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 6:00pm
i think we can put the rhys preistland debate to bed now after today. not good enough for regional level ,and after todays performance defo not good enough for even semi pro level.if i was luke richards i wouldn't have been happy sitting in the stand,just for priestland to get some game time and some confidence lifts.this team has hit the wall as far as i'm concerned and think we will be lucky to finish in the top four.by the way we lost 20-15 to an ordinary llandovery team.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
LlandeiloScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LlandeiloScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 6:04pm
How was the new winger?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2009 at 7:14pm
jason howells scored 2 tries,one a superb individual effort from is 10 metre line,but he suffered a nasty looking leg injury,speedy recovery to nick jones,who was stretchered off with a nasty looking neck injury .
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2009 at 4:54pm
kcreg.absolutely spot on/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic