Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Carmarthen Quins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cross Keys RFC v Carmarthen Quins RFC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taff282002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cross Keys RFC v Carmarthen Quins RFC
    Posted: 15 January 2005 at 9:43pm

I was surprised to hear that the game was on - Pandy Park doesn't drain that well!!  6-6 at half time with the pitch resembling a quagmire & the players resembling mud wrestlers!

Keys changed their jerseys in the second half whilst Quins stayed on the pitch - obviously forgot their second kit. Quins take the lead with a pen 6-9. Pressure from Keys results in an unconverted try wide out 11-9.  Another pen gives Quins a one point advantage leading up to full time.  Looks as thogh Keys have blown it, they get into the Quins half and either lose the ball or get penalised even though Quins are living offside!!.

Defensive scrum to Quins in 22 left hand side.  They move it right through the in goal area and attempt to kick for touch. The kick hits the crossbar, rebounds down & Nathan Williams pounces to score his second try.  Really bizare!!  Conversion is good & despite about 5/6 mins of injury time Quins cannot get back into the game & Keys hang on for a vital league win.

Keys move into 3rd in the Premier Division {9 points behind Lanelli with a game in hand} leapfrogging the Townies who were hammered at Bridgend. Quins slip to 9th.

Edited by taff282002
"There's a seat reserved for beer by the boys from Abercarn!"
Sponsored Links

Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2005 at 10:43pm
Another happy bunny then!!

Looking forward to our fixture up in Pandy Park in the next few weeks/months - can't remember when exactly, and haven't got the fixture list handy.
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
taff282002 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taff282002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2005 at 7:57am

First weekend in April Pedro.  Lucky the Dragons lost in Newcastle or I might have been in Dublin for the HC qharter finals. Now I can go to Pandy Park for the Llanelli game...yipeee!!!

Oh, & make sure you do the business over Newport at Rodney Parade on the 29th.  It would be 'heaven' if we finished ahead of them, after they took our coach & 4 of our {so called} best players.

"There's a seat reserved for beer by the boys from Abercarn!"
Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2005 at 10:21am
Urgh, R***** P*****, do we have to ?? We'll give it a go taff. Then we'll do the same to your boys in April (lol) !! As long as the result isn't the same as the Konica-Minolta Cup drubbing last season, I don't mind a tonk!!
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic