Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Well Done Scarlets!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Jackass] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well Done Scarlets!
    Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:28am
Just wanted to send a hearty congratulations from Leinster on a very impressive European campaign and on your well deserved progression to the Amlin Challenge Cup.

Scarlets have always been a favourite team of mine, but you actually saved our arse this season as well as being your usual fantastic selves on your travels.

Best of luck on the remainder of your campaign in Europe and the Magners League and it's great to see a sleeping giant of European Rugby coming back into the limelight with such a young and talented squad. Clap
"Stunning. Quite magnificent. Munster, the champions, were smashed out of Europe by a Leinster team stoked on adrenaline and revenge. At times their commitment verged on the heroic"
Sponsored Links

kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:31am
cheers jackass for your comments.you lot had me on the edge of my seat last night though.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
[Jackass] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Jackass] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:36am
We wouldn't be Leinster if we did things the easy way!! Ouch
"Stunning. Quite magnificent. Munster, the champions, were smashed out of Europe by a Leinster team stoked on adrenaline and revenge. At times their commitment verged on the heroic"
Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:39am
Jackass- Congratulations and good luck for the QF, whenever I have visited Dublin with the Scarlets we have alway had a great time with your supporters. Mary Macs this season no was no exception. As has been mentioned on other posts, 4 wins out of 6 and loosing to the holders of this competition would have been unthinkable at the start of this season.  We do still believe we are destined to hold this trophy and we have never had such an exciting feel about the future, than now with these young carlets.
What the Amlin will do is give them even more exposure and experience at european rugby, even though at a lower level, I feel it is just what is needed for their development. Thanks for your kind words all the best.Clap   
YMA O HYD
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:47am
yeah thanks Jackass.. have a great time in the rest of the competition...

Nine-Three - Toulon, wasps, newcastle, bourgoin/leeds.. not as good as the likes of Leinster, munster, toulouse, stade francais etc.. but still big teams...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:54am

Cheers for the kind words Jackass Thumbs Up, it has certainly been an up and down tournament for us so far, and I'm so glad we've qualified for the Amlin for our efforts.

Good luck for the Heineken, you guy's have played some superb rugby, and I personally think you'll be in the final again this year! StarThumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Cheers for the kind words Jackass Thumbs Up, it has certainly been an up and down tournament for us so far, and I'm so glad we've qualified for the Amlin for our efforts.

Good luck for the Heineken, you guy's have played some superb rugby, and I personally think you'll be in the final again this year! StarThumbs Up

I agree, its between Leinster and Clermont and maybe Munster,for me
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 10:52am
Cheers for the kind words Jackass. Good luck in the HC.
west is best.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 12:00pm
Johnny Sexton should be give the freedom of Llanelli!!!

Jackass congratulations on topping the group and best wishes for the Q final.

The`pub in Cardiff where  we were watching changed to your game after we had finished in Brive and what we saw was Malone striking that penalty, im sure he was breaking your heart as well as ours.

What a response by Sexton who im sure will start for Ireland in the Six`Nations.
I  would have loved to have`watched  your game yesterday but couldnt for obvious reasons.

The tournament is still wide open i feel the home draws for the Q finals are crucial
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 12:11pm
Thank you Leinster for helping us get through to the Amlin Cup, I also was on the edge of my seat at the end of the game! Good luck for the rest of your campaign and hopefully you will get through to the final but not against the Ospreys! Thank you Jackass for your kind words of encouragement! Thumbs Up
"YMA O HYD"
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by [Jackass [Jackass wrote:

]Just wanted to send a hearty congratulations from Leinster on a very impressive European campaign and on your well deserved progression to the Amlin Challenge Cup.

Scarlets have always been a favourite team of mine, but you actually saved our arse this season as well as being your usual fantastic selves on your travels.

Best of luck on the remainder of your campaign in Europe and the Magners League and it's great to see a sleeping giant of European Rugby coming back into the limelight with such a young and talented squad. Clap
I can see you lot winning again.

Best try of the tournament IMO so far was O'Driscolls vs Brive, when he took that one handed flip pass from Horgan - Pure Class, and a joy to watch.

Any team who plays rugby like that deserves to go all the way!
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 1:36pm
Cheers Jackass and all the best to Leinster for the remainder of the HC !
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 1:47pm
I guess it shows what a paper-scissors-rock kind of game rugby is.  Leinster can thrash the Scarlets at the game both like to play, while the Scarlets can compete with Brive and London Irish if those sides can be persuaded to play an open game.  But when London Irish's pride doesn't require them to play dazzling rugby - as when they play Leinster, who are much better at dazzling rugby than they are - then they can contain Leinster.  I suspect that Brive could have beaten the Scarlets if they had elected not to try to entertain their fans!

If you're not quite strong enough to force the opposition to play your sort of game, you're going to be over-reliant on their poor game management and arrogance, or else hope they prove weaker at their sort of game than you are.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2010 at 2:13pm
I know we are in-debted to that Sexton drop goal. But without us beating Irish twice they wouldn't be in the HC. Very gratious acknowledgement of this by a Leinster fan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic