Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gallacher gets tough.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dewi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by MarkJonesNo1Fan MarkJonesNo1Fan wrote:

Originally posted by Dewi Dewi wrote:

Remember the northampton game last season, do i have to remind everyone what was played over the tannoy --- AS LONG AS WE BEAT THE ENGLISH, if anything, i think that would incite trouble.

When that statement was read out in Stradey before the Munster match they said that there had been complaints from the Northampton Saints fans, but i thought that was from this season?!

No it definately was last season.
Sponsored Links

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 11:14pm
the complaints mentioned were regarding the match this season.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Freddy The Turk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddy The Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 10:11am
Hey SP don't go harping on about people drinking down Stradey. I enjoy a pint with my mates watching the game, I also don't stand there abusing anyone.  Hmmm cheap beer, don't think the prices are that cheap either. £2.10 a pint last time. Next to the Stradey Arms and Thomas Arms its one of the more expensive pints in Llanelli, would you rather they put the prices up to £3?   Seems like you're moaning just for the sake of moaning.
Serenity now. Serenity now.

Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 11:21am
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I've followed this story with interest. In my very humble opinion, the statement seems to have been made to pacify complainants from another club who might otherwise have taken their grievance to the ERC if they thought that the matter had not been taken seriously by the Scarlets. To single out any one section or individual of any club is a fruitless task.

I have distant relatives that are Millwall fans and are one of the nicest family you could meet. I have also stood on New Cross Gate train station on match day at the Den (and New Den) and seen both racial and physical abuse dished out by a section of so called supporters of the club. You can't make sweeping generalisations without resorting to stereotyping. You also cannot ask Stradey to become an intimidating place as the club/region have done proudly when Saints, Wasps, Leicester etc come visiting without inciting some sort of base element into one's personality. The club cannot have it both ways.

On the other hand, I was sat next to a couple in the North Stand who were Saints fans. They had remained silent for most of the game and when Reihana punched one of our players (I forget who), the Scarlet fan on my right "lost it". He then turned on the couple when they protested and uttered a sting of expletives and racial abuse (anti-English) directed at the couple. This gave them the excuse to retort that "I told you they were like that in Wales, dear". I would not be at all surprised if this couple had complained. Mind you, I felt like telling the Scarlet fan to shut up and the Saints couple to grow up. This kind of episode is inexcusable and should not be tolerated.

Off on a tangent - On the subject of Health and Safety - Why is it dangerous to be on a pitch at half time but fine to filter pedestrians and cars through the same exit onto Stradey Park Avenue?

It should not be forgotten that Gallacher initiated all this nonsense with all the anti-English rubbish he started before heineken cup games a few years ago, which culminated in those stupid "As long as we beat the English" T-shirts being printed before the semi final in Nottingham.

Couple this with cheap alchohol and is it any wonder why the morons turn up at Stradey.............."I know Dai, lets get steaming on Bow and *** the English off"

At a time when binge drinking and anti-social behaviour is top of all the parties pre-election agenda, our club/region can`t do enough to encourage supporters to chuck buckets full of cheap booze down their necks.

As I`ve said time and time and time and time and time again over the last few years on this board, the club needs a strong marketing policy and not one that is based on booze and for want of a better word, racisim.

What ARE you on about??????

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by Freddy The Turk Freddy The Turk wrote:

Hey SP don't go harping on about people drinking down Stradey. I enjoy a pint with my mates watching the game, I also don't stand there abusing anyone.  Hmmm cheap beer, don't think the prices are that cheap either. £2.10 a pint last time. Next to the Stradey Arms and Thomas Arms its one of the more expensive pints in Llanelli, would you rather they put the prices up to £3?   Seems like you're moaning just for the sake of moaning.

You may enjoy a pint with your mates- the problem is those who enjoy many pints before a game, probably not in a Stradey bar.

Personally I have never seen the point of getting tanked up before watching a game although I agree that I may be in a minority of one.

connor boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Gary Coleman Gary Coleman wrote:

I've followed this story with interest. In my very humble opinion, the statement seems to have been made to pacify complainants from another club who might otherwise have taken their grievance to the ERC if they thought that the matter had not been taken seriously by the Scarlets. To single out any one section or individual of any club is a fruitless task.

I have distant relatives that are Millwall fans and are one of the nicest family you could meet. I have also stood on New Cross Gate train station on match day at the Den (and New Den) and seen both racial and physical abuse dished out by a section of so called supporters of the club. You can't make sweeping generalisations without resorting to stereotyping. You also cannot ask Stradey to become an intimidating place as the club/region have done proudly when Saints, Wasps, Leicester etc come visiting without inciting some sort of base element into one's personality. The club cannot have it both ways.

On the other hand, I was sat next to a couple in the North Stand who were Saints fans. They had remained silent for most of the game and when Reihana punched one of our players (I forget who), the Scarlet fan on my right "lost it". He then turned on the couple when they protested and uttered a sting of expletives and racial abuse (anti-English) directed at the couple. This gave them the excuse to retort that "I told you they were like that in Wales, dear". I would not be at all surprised if this couple had complained. Mind you, I felt like telling the Scarlet fan to shut up and the Saints couple to grow up. This kind of episode is inexcusable and should not be tolerated.

Off on a tangent - On the subject of Health and Safety - Why is it dangerous to be on a pitch at half time but fine to filter pedestrians and cars through the same exit onto Stradey Park Avenue?

It should not be forgotten that Gallacher initiated all this nonsense with all the anti-English rubbish he started before heineken cup games a few years ago, which culminated in those stupid "As long as we beat the English" T-shirts being printed before the semi final in Nottingham.

Couple this with cheap alchohol and is it any wonder why the morons turn up at Stradey.............."I know Dai, lets get steaming on Bow and *** the English off"

At a time when binge drinking and anti-social behaviour is top of all the parties pre-election agenda, our club/region can`t do enough to encourage supporters to chuck buckets full of cheap booze down their necks.

As I`ve said time and time and time and time and time again over the last few years on this board, the club needs a strong marketing policy and not one that is based on booze and for want of a better word, racisim.

i was thinking the exact thing?????????????
Pigeon Toed Orange Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel..........
connor boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 2:33pm

the only thing wrong is the price of the stuff
Pigeon Toed Orange Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel..........
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 3:32pm

Do you really want me to spell it out for you!!!!!!

s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 3:36pm

Miss De Point??????????

I enjoy a drink or 7 but clearly there is now an element at Stradey who can`t handle their drink and or who don`t know how to behave properley at rugby games.

Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 3:56pm

Do you really want me to spell it out for you!!!!!!

Please do, as I usually find you have decent arguments ( not that I agree with all of them). I find this one totally unjoust. It looks as if your having a go for the hell of it. We're you on the pop last night or something?

Born-and-Bred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Born-and-Bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2005 at 10:21am
Don't mean to drag this topic up again, but I've just been on the Saints website. Aparently there's been some coin-throwing incidents at Franklins Gardens at the Leeds players. Seems to me like they need to get their own house in order before slating ours!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic