Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ospreys defy the WRU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ospreys defy the WRU
    Posted: 31 August 2004 at 3:20pm

*Hmm. this should be in a general rugby section, but there ain't one*

The ospreys WILL field their Welsh internationals and defy the WRU

Read the full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/3612282.st m

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sponsored Links

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 6:11pm
could be the start of a very interseting season for mr.muppet this time.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 8:04pm
Good for them.
Through Thick And Thin!
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 8:31pm
i wonder if the wru would subsidise the bottom welsh region next year when they loose the revenue from european rugby due to not playing their internationals. not on your life they wouldnt that's why the ospreys are fielding their strongest side.
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 12:32am
the muppet has said we cant afford to lose another club so why the hell put restrictions on the regions?

yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 9:37am
This is a very difficult situation. I can see both sidees view. I would have dropped the Celtic Cup completely. That would have reduced the number of games some what.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 9:10pm
wel done to the ospreys, only because they want to beat us they are doing it, i wonder what the wru will do??
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 11:37pm
probably sack someone in charge of development and hire two people in admin.

yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 11:33am
Only Henson, Shane and Jon Thomas are starting. Parker, Duncan Jones and c o c kbain are on the bench.

Edited by yedarts
Born-and-Bred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Born-and-Bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 5:02pm
I agree with what the Ospreys (and Scarlets to a lesser extent) are doing. The WRU had free run of our internationals for the whole of last year near enough. If it continues, I can see rugby internationals becoming like cricket internationals - how many times has Andrew Flintoff played for Lancashire this season? (Answer: 4 or 5!)
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Born-and-Bred Born-and-Bred wrote:

I agree with what the Ospreys (and Scarlets to a lesser extent) are doing. The WRU had free run of our internationals for the whole of last year near enough. If it continues, I can see rugby internationals becoming like cricket internationals - how many times has Andrew Flintoff played for Lancashire this season? (Answer: 4 or 5!)
the difference there is they have central contracts, we don't have those yet.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:27am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2004 at 9:29am
A major reason for creating the regions was to improve the standard of rugby week-in, week-out for our players. The WRU now want to stop our internationals from taking part - where is the logic in this?   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic