Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY FANS INFORMATION ZONE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From Perpignan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From Perpignan
    Posted: 07 January 2011 at 11:08am
Hi !
I'm Meenah from Perpignan.

First, 

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda 2011 ! Wink

In two weeks will be a meeting between USAP and ScarletsEveryone is waiting to meet the Welsh fans here in Perpignan. It is a great event for us.
That is why we would be worthy to receive you.

So if you need information about the city (hotel, map, restaurants,pubs ...) I suggest you write me in private message so I can best assist you now but later in Perpignan tooI used to help foreign fans during matches in rugby union or rugbyleague.

I'm sure we gonna have a great weekend!
Eich gweld yn fuan!
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:07pm
Hi Meenah and welcome to the forum, really looking forward to our annual trip to France.

One thing most of us probably need to know is the best places to eat and drink in the centre, some of us won't be arriving until late on Saturday so will need to know where to head when we arrive (about 7/8pm).

Thanks for coming on here to help Thumbs Up
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 2:52pm
Looking forward to my first visit to France and having 1 or 2 drinks with the Perpignan fans
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:37pm
Apparently, there's a place called Club USAP or something similar - €2.10 a pint... According to an Osprey mate of mine who went out there last year...
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Crug Mawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crug Mawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2011 at 5:06pm
€2.10 a pint
Make mine a barrel.Thumbs Up
Meenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:02pm

Hi there !
And thanks all for your friendly welcoming on your forum. 

First :

Originally posted by Alun Alun wrote:

Apparently, there's a place called Club USAP or something similar - €2.10 a pint... According to an Osprey mate of mine who went out there last year...
Well, you have to explain where's this paradise !!!  LOL
No place here called "Club USAP", no place with €2.10 pints !!  
The cheaper beer might be at the Giral stadium, with €4.5 a pint of Heineken beer (Dead), but places are closing a bit more than 1 hour after the end of game.

In town, there are pubs, but some are quite expansive.
I think the better place (the place I go at night) is Tio Pepe (rue de la barre) where rugby union fans and players are going after the games. There, you can watch the day games on sky (3 screens), you can eat tapas for less than €8 by person and have pints for €4.50 (only for rugby union fans, add €1 for the others customers). 
For an example, pint of lager is close to €6 in the irish pub of the town. 
It is not an advertising  !!  LOL

Well.
Feel free to write me in private to have more informations about restaurants (if you want to try something typical in particular), hotel localisation, how to join the stadium (free buses for people showing stadium tickets)...

Meenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Hi Meenah and welcome to the forum, really looking forward to our annual trip to France.

One thing most of us probably need to know is the best places to eat and drink in the centre, some of us won't be arriving until late on Saturday so will need to know where to head when we arrive (about 7/8pm).

Thanks for coming on here to help Thumbs Up
Hi Gate12 ! 

On Friday and Saturday, there's a lot of restaurants opened til 1am (pubs are closing at 2:00am).
So don't worry, you will easily find food and beers in center town. Wink
Welshjohnny5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welshjohnny5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2011 at 1:19am
Hi guys and gals my name is John and I live in Bridgend. I've come on here for my lovely French friend Meenah! If there is anything she can help you with no matter how small please ask her as if will be her pleasure. I have been to Perpignan for The last 3 years with another rugby side and that's where I met Meenah and she was very helpful anything from directions to what bus to catch even helping me when my phone wouldn't work out there last year and she took me to the Orange shop and translated for me. I would recommend Tio Peppe where Meenah and Matthew will look after your food needs and drinking needs and if your a rugby fan you will get the drink cheaper and it's a lovely bar very friendly indeed and Meenah and Matthew are really lovely and will make sure you have a brill time also there is Sky sports in the bar too, so if your going to Perpignan then that's the place to go. If you want any help please just ask Meenah or if anything I can help with then again please ask, I'm booked to go out there in June again and I can not wait. Thanks for reading John
Johnny 5
toulousearea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toulousearea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:26pm
Hi all,

Where are the Scarlets fans seats with in the Stade in Perpignan - which area of the ground ?

Paul  
BrummieScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrummieScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by toulousearea toulousearea wrote:

Hi all,

Where are the Scarlets fans seats with in the Stade in Perpignan - which area of the ground ?

Paul  

I think most are standing in the Pesage..

Kevin
Meenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 10:48am
To join stadium (which is near from center town), you can take buses. Line 2 or 20 from center town to Giral stadium are free with your stadium ticket and it takes 10 or 15 minutes to join. 

wangge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wangge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2011 at 3:04am
I'm booked to go out there in June again and I can not wait. Thanks for reading John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic