Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Games Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jonah Lomu's rugby challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

So this wasn't very good then?
it's rubbish.
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 5:42pm
I personally think it ain't too bad at all.

Not the greatest but a damn site better than the last 3 or 4 rugby games.

Some people seem to have issues with it like not being able to switch to closest player (just like FIFA), but L1 for me works fine on PS3 so ain't got that problem.

It's not perfect by all means, but FIFA has millions of pounds of investment and have near 30 games in the FIFA series...slightly ahead of rugby challenge which is the first of its kind with a pretty small budget.

They have done well IMO, but even they know the next one will e better.

Already, the same developers have made rugby league, and the career mode is very deep with sponsors, training, staff etc all taking part. The next rugby union will be better.

I think people had over hyped the game and keep comparing it to FIFA when they are nowhere near.

It's much better than the world cup game, only down fall of rugby challenge is that they failed licence for all international teams apart from wallabies and all blacks, and failed licence of south Africa S15 sides. But you can edit team names, player names, team kit and player ratings and appearance.
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 6:58pm
If the next one can beat Rugby 2005 or 06 then I'll certainly buy one 
Scarlets am Byth
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 11:02pm
I think this title has beaten rugby 05/06. Best rugby game since thd original Jonah Lomu rugby.
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2012 at 9:39am
I would assume that there will be another game from EA sometime soon.  AFter all it used to be RWC year and Lions year teh games came out.  BUt to be honest after the heap of dog steamer that the RWC2011 game was maybe they won't bother.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 11:51pm
EA only acted as a distributor to the past rugby titles. Sidhe (the company who helped big ant studio develop jonah Lomu rugby challenge) same people. Because ea were not involved it meant less money and less staff. EA have dropped rugby as it does not sell as well as football, American football, basketball etc.

Friday though, same company release Rugby League Live 2. can't wait.
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 12:03am
HB studios. bring them back
Scarlets am Byth
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 3:11pm

I wish they would bring back the Rugby Manager game on the PC, I have it at home (around the '05 season) and it was brilliant.  Just sadly no licences of the celtic sides, and its a bit aged now.

ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

I wish they would bring back the Rugby Manager game on the PC, I have it at home (around the '05 season) and it was brilliant.  Just sadly no licences of the celtic sides, and its a bit aged now.

Do you know if it's compatible with Windows Vista or 7? I bought the old jonah lomu rugby a few years back and had to return it because it only plays on like Windows 96
Scarlets am Byth
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 8:52pm
None of the old things will be compatible with the new windows 8.

Even pro recording software that was fine for XP down to 97, we're not capable of running on 7 and 8.

No hope for games that came out in 95 to run on machines nearly 20 years later. PS1 games and PS3.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 8:33am
Originally posted by ewbank2 ewbank2 wrote:

Do you know if it's compatible with Windows Vista or 7? I bought the old jonah lomu rugby a few years back and had to return it because it only plays on like Windows 96

Worked well on XP, and worked ok on Vista, but sometime crashed for no reason.  Also on Vista you couldn't update the database.
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 7:26pm

Originally posted by ewbank2 ewbank2 wrote:

Worked well on XP, and worked ok on Vista, but sometime crashed for no reason.  Also on Vista you couldn't update the database.

ok. seems it might be a risk with Windows 7.
Diolch
Scarlets am Byth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic