Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Games Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rumoured - Windows 8 + 360 Games

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rumoured - Windows 8 + 360 Games
    Posted: 02 August 2011 at 6:03pm
There is currently a lot of speculation on the net that Microsoft are planning support in Windows 8 for people to play XBOX360 games through the OS on normal DVD drives. This will run on a different network to Xbox Live (strangely) and require a subscription fee. 

Personally, this sounds great on paper because say my (second) Xbox were to break down (again) and I didn't fancy fork out for another one, all the games would still be playable. 

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 6:59pm
I guess it's good for those in your predicament. But it could be the end of some PC game franchises. Whats the point in having a pc version of games if your xbox version runs on a pc?
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 10:02am
Also need to have a great gfx card/sound card and all that to keep up with today's games!!
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 4:14pm
Rubbish idea! the whole concept of a console is the convenience of not having to boot up a PC, spend 1000's on powerful graphics cards to run them, and not spend ages installing games and drivers before you can use them..................let alone having to find a suitable controller pad or joystick! Shocked

Consoles are so cheap now, even if one broke, to buy a new graphics card for my PC that would be good enough to run a 360 game would probably cost more than a new console. Shocked
Scarlets!!!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 5:08pm
Surely the cards that they have inside a 360 are that highly spec'd these days? 

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
  • 500 MHz
  • 10 MB embedded DRAM
  • 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines
  • Unified shader architecture

I'm not sure what that converts to but considering the console only has 500MB of DDR3 Ram then I can't see the gfx card being that hefty. 

Plus, you can use wired 360 controllers on Windows anyway.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 5:14pm
But you know, that when you buy a game off the shelf, you can simply insert the disc and happy days in less than 5 mins.................unless there is an update of course. Wink
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic