Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > EVENTS AT Y PARC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Enjoy 2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enjoy 2012
    Posted: 05 March 2012 at 12:47pm
Enjoy
The big West Wales music event is back in May 2012 with internationally acclaimed R&B star Alexandra Burke to open the show at heart and soul rugby country.
The big West Wales music event is back in May 2012 with internationally acclaimed R&B star Alexandra Burke to open the show at heart and soul rugby country.
Parc y Scarlets will open its doors to thousands of music fans once again for a family festival of music for all to enjoy - with the promise of another great line-up of some of the UK's most exciting pop, soul, classical and hip hop stars.

The Scarlets, in conjunction with 97.1 Radio Carmarthenshire and 97.5 Scarlet FM, are pleased to announce ENJOY Festival 2012 will be held on Saturday 26th May starting at 2pm.

Tickets are on sale this Saturday 10th March just call 0870 871 8088 to get yours and be part of the big family event to kick off our summer of events at Parc y Scarlets. We have a limited number of special offer tickets available this weekend at £10 for field and £15 for seated.

Last year's ENJOY2011 music event was a big hit as Parc y Scarlets played hosts to five UK leading acts including The Saturdays, Tinchy Stryder, Wretch 32, Beverely Knight and Wynne Evans.

And this year's opening act couldn't come any bigger or better - the stunning and sensational X-factor star and judge, Alexandra Burke will be in Llanelli to get everyone out of their seats as she opens the show.

Alexandra Burke, 23, sprung to fame after winning the fifth series of the X-factor and released her debut single, 'Hallelujah', that became the current European record holder for single sales over a period of 24 hours, selling 105,000 copies in one day.

The powerful diva later went on to make further history as she became the first and only X Factor contestant to return to The X-Factor as a guest judge.

As of December 2011, Burke has sold over 4 million records in the UK with combined sales of her singles and her album Overcome which was released in 2009 entering the UK Albums Chart at number one with lead single 'Bad Boys' selling over a million copies.

Burke started singing when she was five, and was brought up in Islington, London. She's won a series of awards and nominations already including Brit Awards, MTV Awards, Urban Music Awards and BT Digital Music Awards.

Alexandra Burke said: "I can't wait to perform in heart and soul rugby at the Enjoy Festival 2012; it's really exciting and I'm going to open the show so make sure you're there. It will be great to be at Parc y Scarlets and I'm hoping I may get to meet a Scarlet or two - my favourite rugby player is George North!"

Alexandra's new single 'Elephant' is set for release on March 12th and comes from her upcoming sophomore album coming out later in 2012.

Billed as THE music event with something for everyone, the home of the Scarlets rugby region and award-winning 15,000 capacity Parc y Scarlets stadium is once again set to welcome a full programme of sparkling acts creating a festival atmosphere of music and a mix for everyone to enjoy a great afternoon of entertainment.

Head of Events Rupert Moon, who organised last year's successful Enjoy event has previously been involved in staging major music events at the Millennium Stadium (including the world-famous Tsunami Concert in January 2005 which raised £1.25m for the disaster fund), said: "What a way to open the new Enjoy Festival 2012 - showbiz sensation Alexandra Burke will be at Parc y Scarlets!

"We're working really hard with amazing line-up for Parc y Scarlets' second big music event for an afternoon and evening out not to be missed for all the family. The idea of Enjoy Festival is to create a show that had something for everyone. Our rugby support is so wide-ranging from youngsters all the way through the age-groups - so we want our annual music event to have the same welcoming feel."

The big music showcase will be held a Parc y Scarlets in association with Radio Carmarthenshire, Scarlet FM and their other sister stations across South and West Wales including Nation Radio, Bridge FM, Bay Radio, Radio Pembrokeshire and Radio Ceredigion.

Martin Mumford, Managing Director of Radio Carmarthenshire and Scarlet FM said: "We are delighted to be working in conjunction with the Scarlets once again to offer this excellent music festival. We pride ourselves in serving local communities across South and West Wales. We've worked together on some great events already in the past two years and we are delighted to be partners once again for a fantastic afternoon of music entertainment."

Tickets are on sale this SATURDAY March 10th from 9am. Call on 0870 871 871 8088 to get yours or call in person to Parc y Scarlets ticket office in the Castell Howell main South Stand.

Tickets will be priced at £15 standing on the field and £20 for seat stand tickets after the limited special offer tickets have sold out.

Sponsored Links

rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2012 at 2:43pm

I cant wait to perform in heart and soul rugby . I cringe everytime i hear that

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic