Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Games Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Minecraft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minecraft
    Posted: 09 August 2012 at 7:29pm
After hearing my lad rave about this game I've decided to give it a go, albeit on the xbot.

Anyone else dipped their toes in this infinite terrain?

Looks quite boring but my lad assures me that I'll be hooked once I get into it...
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:03pm
Created a thread last year about this. Having played both versions, 360 is a lot more accessible to new users. I find it completely addictive but it's a massively open game and if you're not creative then it's quite easy to get bored. 

Once I got all the achievements for 360, I stopped playing but will start back once they get up to date with PC. The 360 version is roughly 10 months behind PC.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:09pm
Also, some of the creation's people have built using redstone baffle my mind:

Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 8:40pm
Great... Standby for countless questions.

Just downloaded the game, taking the plunge after the 200m...
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 2:50am
I can see how it might become addictive. I've just happily spent 4 or 5 hours digging away and chopping trees. Luckily a zombie appeared and killed me, otherwise I'd be playing it all night.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 9:34am
What did you manage to do on your first night? Hopefully you built a bed and therefore won't spawn to far away from your base. 

It might be an idea to play on "peaceful" until you get use to the game a bit. Creepers are menacing gits that explode and destroy you and most of your house.
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:04am
I'm playing easy so got a few spiders and unfriendlies.

First night wasn't the best.. Managed to hastily dig in and knock up a crafting table but didn't have coal / charcoal to make any torches. It was a long night with some haunting noises...

Bed? I hadn't thought about a bed. Now that I've Googled their relevance it'll be my first task later on.

I was under the impression that you were safe in your well lit house with the doors shut. Last night a zombie seemed to appear out of nowhere in one of my rooms?
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2012 at 10:15am
You are safe within your house but if you make a bed then you can skip the nights rather than having to sit them out so you won't have to come face to face with the mobs/unfriendlies. 
You need to get 3 wool (from sheep) and some wood to make a bed.

Creepers are the cactus looking frowny face things that come toward you and then explode themselves as close as they can get to you. They don't make any noise until they start to blown to blow themselves up. If you hear a sudden click sound, start moving fast!

You need to find some coal on the side of a hill to start with, make some torches and then use the torches to go underground to mine other minerals. 

In the darkness underground, the mobs will appear around you so be careful.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 11:13am
This game sounds interesting! Big smile might have a dabble myself! Big smile
Scarlets!!!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 11:15am
Just be warned it's all about the gameplay and not the graphics, sometimes it looks like a 3d representation of tetris. Don't let it put you off, it's a lot of fun when you get into it.

Edited by m1nd3d - 15 August 2012 at 1:02pm
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 11:53am

Quite often when I go to sleep on my bed a zombie will appear. The bed is within my well lit house with all the doors shut...

Is this a glitch or normal for the xbot? My lad doesn't have the same problem on the pc..
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 2:34pm
Never seen that happen myself, some of the mobs will still be alive when I wake up on the xbox version but I've never had anything spawn inside my house before.
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 4:19pm
I think I'll knock up a new bed and put it in a different room...

Taken out by an exploding cactus for the first time today..
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2012 at 9:05pm
its part and parcel of it .....many eons ago i went thru the same...but now im a god
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 3:53pm
New update out 1.8.2 comes with loads of new things:

Creative Mode
Superflat world type
Hunger
NPC Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts, Strongholds and Ravines
12 Music Discs
New Combat Mechanics

• Chargeable bows
  • Critical hits
  • Sprinting
  • Players can parry with a sword

Ability to change the name of your world save
Chain Armor
Pressure Plates can now be placed on fences
New mobs

• Endermen
  • Cave spiders
  • Silverfish

New Food Items

• Apples
  • Raw Chicken
  • Cooked Chicken
  • Raw Beef
  • Steak
  • Melons
  • Melon seeds
  • Rotten Flesh

Cobwebs
Fence Gate
Iron bars
Glass pane
Stone Brick
Stone Brick Stairs
Stone Brick Slabs
Brick Stairs
Brick Slabs
Pumpkin Seed
Vines
Pumpkins and Melons grow from stems much faster, and do not require farmland around the stem to grow on
Sponges(Creative only)
New biome
Swamp biome
Ocean biome
Ocean floor now consists of Clay, sand and dirt, this makes clay easier to find
Mountain biome
River
Rivers flow through/in between biomes
Passive mobs will randomly flee if attacked by the player or other mobs (such as Cows)
Pig has 3D snout.
Sugar Cane can now be placed on sand
Chest has opening and closing animation
User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay
Skeletons hold full size bow
Shears can now collect Tall Grass and Vines
Exclusive Superflat option for the Nether
Option to turn clouds off
Large changes to Xbox 360 tutorial mode
Bonus chest world option
Option to turn PVP off
Option to turn fire spread off