Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

B&I Cup review...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B&I Cup review...
    Posted: 14 January 2013 at 10:38am
The Drovers need a point away to Nottingham next week to be assured of qualification for the Quarter Finals.

Llanelli need a 5 point win over Moseley to stand a chance of qualifying too.

If both teams are matched on the same points and have beaten each other once what's the next criteria for qualification?

It would be great to get 2 teams from the region in the last 8 tbh...Ponty are the only other Welsh team tha can mathematically qualify but Leinster have Leeds and I can't see that being anything other than a W for Leinster and so Ponty would go out...

(Quins have given a good account of themselves and will finish 2nd in their group...always was going to be tough with the Pirates in their group. Chance to beat them next Saturday, albeit it's academic in terms of qualification).
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 4:14pm
Highlights of the Drovers v Melrose game...Rhodri W prominent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8d8OEjw8QE&feature=youtu.be
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 4:26pm
Report on this round of B&I fixtures by the WRU.

Shocking reporting. Llanelli mentioned in the last few words.

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/24632.php
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 4:44pm
That really is poor. Doesn't even bother giving the score mun.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
boom post View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boom post Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 9:34pm
The Drovers v Melrose game was one of the best games of rugby I've seen in recent seasons.  Both teams played open attacking rugby with the only negative being a couple of serious injuries.  Rhodri Williams played well after a couple of early wrong options, but the best player on the pitch was centre Jack Roberts.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 9:43pm
what can we expect from moseley on sunday?
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

what can we expect from moseley on sunday?
Dont know for sure but they had 2 penalty tries, so maybe a strong scrum?
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
baldy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2013 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Report on this round of B&I fixtures by the WRU.

Shocking reporting. Llanelli mentioned in the last few words.

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/24632.php

found this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=111mZ8FBAIE
game starts at around 55s
yma o hyd
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

The Drovers need a point away to Nottingham next week to be assured of qualification for the Quarter Finals.

Llanelli need a 5 point win over Moseley to stand a chance of qualifying too.

If both teams are matched on the same points and have beaten each other once what's the next criteria for qualification?

It would be great to get 2 teams from the region in the last 8 tbh...Ponty are the only other Welsh team tha can mathematically qualify but Leinster have Leeds and I can't see that being anything other than a W for Leinster and so Ponty would go out...

(Quins have given a good account of themselves and will finish 2nd in their group...always was going to be tough with the Pirates in their group. Chance to beat them next Saturday, albeit it's academic in terms of qualification).
Looking at the table, if we get 5 points and they get 0 we should be through.

Our points scored and also for and against are better than Moseley but we lost to them 36-26 away so I guess to make sure of any scenario, we need to win by 11 clear.

Note also that they lost to Gala away.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 2:33pm
Moseley only have to prevent us scoring  4 tries for a winning bonus. Hope we have learned lessons from the away defeat and have a ref who is sympathetic to open ugby, willing to penalise illegal slowing down of the ball.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic