Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > RANDOM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brace Yourselves....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brace Yourselves....
    Posted: 12 December 2013 at 1:35pm
They're on their way...............

To a pub near you very soon,

You know who im talking about.

The boys who ave 'done good' and left the sticks to go and work in the 'big smoke'.

The London Boyo's.

Their in office party mode at the moment, frequenting all the 'lovie' wine bar establishments with their new 'lovie' friends, with names like Max, Tarquin, Sandy and Foxtrot. But oh how they yearn to come back to the 'old country' where filled with excitement they will saunter into their old pub full of tales of the streets of gold.

They will wear their scarves and their tweed blazers, the ones with the pads on the elbows. They will ask the barman for 'A pint of real welsh ale' and then get extremely pissed and annoying, making out as if you live in some sort of time wharp compared to their life in the 'big smoke'.

When bored with the 'country pub' they will ask 'Where do people go in Llanelli these days for some birds and some beer?' You'll reply 'Same place as last week you f@ck%ng prick', and embarrassingly carry on your night with the prat from the big smoke.

They will then toodle off to the big smoke just after boxing day, as the new year is far more exciting up there...

Beware, they are on their way.....
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2013 at 2:49pm
Ah just make sure they all come to you Mr Windell, i know you can sort em..

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2013 at 6:41pm
Shit I obviously missed the queue for the tweed jackets still I am sure the Cat would still serve me, anyway after Moonraker closed there was nowhere to go. Still could be worse I could be coming home to drink with some small minded person who's world ends at Loughor bridge
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2013 at 7:02pm
If there is anyone who comes back and acts like that then I'm glad they left. There are some though that have moved away and there still tidy mind. The worst part is the redo couloirs accent they've adopted when they've only moved away for a couple of years I know some people who have lived in England for decades and still sound welsh, but each to their own like. Aslong as try get pissed in y parc then they can at least help us that way
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Shit I obviously missed the queue for the tweed jackets still I am sure the Cat would still serve me, anyway after Moonraker closed there was nowhere to go. Still could be worse I could be coming home to drink with some small minded person who's world ends at Loughor bridge
If thats a dig at me sonny jim then your well off the mark. Just becasue i havent 'up sticks' and moved to London doesnt make me small minded. On the contrary its these folk who think anything that occurs outside London is meaninglessAngry
Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 9:20am
Originally posted by jeremy windell
jeremy windell wrote:

If thats a dig at me sonny jim then your well off the mark. Just becasue i havent 'up sticks' and moved to London doesnt make me small minded. On the contrary its these folk who think anything that occurs outside London is meaninglessAngry

Quite right, it's just the thread you've started and it's opening post that make you appear so.
I thought you were only joking mind, but having second thoughts now. LOL A lot of people that live outside Llanelli just don't seem to have a sense of humour, you just have to cross the Loughor to see that, ( then again Swansea city planners have one hell of a sense of humour ).
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Gary Coleman Gary Coleman wrote:

Originally posted by jeremy windell<br /> jeremy windell
wrote:

Quite right, it's just the thread you've started and it's opening post that make you appear so.
I thought you were only joking mind, but having second thoughts now. LOL A lot of people that live outside Llanelli just don't seem to have a sense of humour, you just have to cross the Loughor to see that, ( then again Swansea city planners have one hell of a sense of humour ).

Come on Gary i live in Swansea and ive got a sense of humour like...

Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 10:42am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Originally posted by jeremy windell<br> jeremy windell
wrote:

Lofty I was taking the p*ss. I don't know, some people just don't have a sense of humour. WinkSmile
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:20pm
Lofty you must have a sense of humour just to live there good grief.....
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Originally posted by jeremy windell<br /> jeremy windell
wrote:

Lofty I was taking the p*ss. I don't know, some people just don't have a sense of humour. WinkSmile

Im working on it...

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

They're on their way...............

To a pub near you very soon,

You know who im talking about.

The boys who ave 'done good' and left the sticks to go and work in the 'big smoke'.

The London Boyo's.

Their in office party mode at the moment, frequenting all the 'lovie' wine bar establishments with their new 'lovie' friends, with names like Max, Tarquin, Sandy and Foxtrot. But oh how they yearn to come back to the 'old country' where filled with excitement they will saunter into their old pub full of tales of the streets of gold.

They will wear their scarves and their tweed blazers, the ones with the pads on the elbows. They will ask the barman for 'A pint of real welsh ale' and then get extremely pissed and annoying, making out as if you live in some sort of time wharp compared to their life in the 'big smoke'.

When bored with the 'country pub' they will ask 'Where do people go in Llanelli these days for some birds and some beer?' You'll reply 'Same place as last week you f@ck%ng prick', and embarrassingly carry on your night with the prat from the big smoke.

They will then toodle off to the big smoke just after boxing day, as the new year is far more exciting up there...

Beware, they are on their way.....
Blimey, I've been living in England for nearly the same amount of time that I lived in Llanelli, does that make me one of them? Confused

Love coming home and talking about the street of Gold mind you, there again, I've never seen any up here, it is completely different up here to what you think it is mind you Wink The chat is more like, if there were more opportunities back home, I'd be back like a shot, but I have a family to support, so job security means more than anything Thumbs Up

I do ask for a pint of Llanelli's finest when I come home though, love Felin Foul, but that is because I can't buy it up here, and can't get enough of it when I come home. The rest of the stuff, like Brains for instance, it shit to be honest, so stay well away from that. LOL

Tweed jackets with patches, nah that isn't me, I used to wear shorts and flip flops back in my Llanelli days, and much hasn't changed to be honest, I still look like a tramp up here and that'll never change LOLWink

Country pubs up here are awesome to be honest, wine bars are very few and far between. Actually, our town doesn't have one and I can't remember the last time they did, if ever they've had one. Some of the local brews that appear in these country pubs are pretty dam awesome as well, and they're frequented in our annual beer festivals Thumbs Up 

Max, Tarquin, Sandy and Foxtrot, sound like popular names of today to me, they'd work well with names like Chardonnay, Biscuit and Mambo. My mates name are Matt, Chris, Bri, Simon, Ross, Steve to name just a few, hardly Big Smoke names Wink

Glad to know what the good old folk think of those that have moved away to better themselves and better their careers, sort of answers the questions why so many people get the ump when players leave to do the same. Shocked There again, they are quite happy to take my tenner over the bar when I'm buying a beer, or my credit card when I'm buying food and drink down Parc Y Scarlets on match day Wink

Edited by Mrfwon - 17 December 2013 at 3:46pm
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2013 at 3:43pm
This should go in the Bar Humbug thread, perfect place to vent our frustrations! Thumbs UpClapThumbs UpClap
Scarlets!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 6:20pm
On their way back now boys, back to the big smoke, leaving us troggs behind for another year...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic