Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Games Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Rugby Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 10:53am
Rugby Union Team Manager looks quite good, it has McCusker in the trailer
And We Were Singing...
Sponsored Links

ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Iwlew Iwlew wrote:

Rugby Union Team Manager looks quite good, it has McCusker in the trailer

And on the Pro-Rugby Manager trailer they show the pro-12 sides and move across one by one, but then it cuts tot eh Avivia Prem before they get to us.

Yeah decision made, Rugby Union Manager is on order.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 4:03pm
Reviews for Rugby Union Team Manager has been slated. 

Rugby 15 looks like a fun game to play when its out in January/Feb. Graphics are nowhere near what they should be, but game play wise, its meant to be solid. This is a first in a series from HB Studios, who made EA Rugby 08. But lacking in funding, it looks like they are taking a bit at the time. It seems Game play has been the main focus, and licensing of as much rugby teams as possible. Next years no doubt, with this platform in place, they can build to a better game graphically next year whilst keeping the game play solid as well. I'll be buying to give them support to keep delivering a rugby game year after year which HB have confirmed is happening. It looks like this is the first in a long series which is great IMO.  
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2014 at 7:25pm
Didn't HB also make that gawd awful RWC2011 game?
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 6:48pm
Rugby Challenge 2 is the best rugby game out at the moment, they should just improve that
And We Were Singing...
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 10:25pm
Yes HB did also make the RWC11 game. Which sucked as it only had a World Cup!

Rugby 08 is the best game since Jonah Lomu. HB have torn up RWC11 and looked back and built from scratch a new rugby game which will include a World Cup (but no All Blacks and Wallabies licence), Top 14 and French Div 2, Guiness Pro12, Aviva Prem all fully licensed. I think I have read that there will be NO career mode which sucks, plus the graphics don't look upto much...but to support a rugby game for next gen consoles I will be purchasing. Next years title will have a career and more licenses hopefully.

As for Rugby Challenge, it was great graphically, the career was fun (but sucked with the limited signings you could make. It was just rubbish for game play IMO.

Rugby League Live 2 is superb. Game play and graphics similar to Rugby Challenge with no restrictions of signings in career as long as a player was out of contract in the NRL or Super League you could go for him....players could cross over.

Rugby Challenge 2 has been confirmed the last rugby game by the studio that made it. But they still own the licence for wallabies and AllBlacks and the NZ and AUS S15 sides. Maybe next year HB will have bought them and created a nice little career mode for Rugby 16 (which is a game that will be developed).
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 9:08am
I really liked Rugby Challenge '05 (?) on the PS2, and the first Rugby Challenge on the PS3, but Challenge 2 did feel like more of an update that new game (to be fair pretty much only difference was the squad line ups).

I have pointed out to the wife that Rugby 15 is on the PS4 in Jan, and that I currently don't have a PS4 (and I am hoping she doesn't notice it is on the PS3), so hopefully I can win her round to letting me upgrade.

A new game every year, or even Lions/RWC years would be great, but only if they do upgrade the game each time, and don't roll out the same product with a different cover, and a few different names in the squads.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic