Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > RANDOM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Apple Mac computers warning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple Mac computers warning
    Posted: 07 September 2014 at 8:03pm
Had an issue today with my Mac. 

Was logging in to internet banking, Lloyds bank. Typed Lloyds bank in the search engine and was directed to the site, or so I thought. 

As I was proceeding I noticed the the Downloads box had opened and that an application called LoginLink was being downloaded.

Happened each time i logged in, i was trying to sort out a number of account queries.

Was very suspicious so rang the bank. Whilst waiting in the queue, i was trawling through Downloads and noticed a file named NICOLA JANE BOLTON. Had no idea who she was so asked my partner if it was a colleague. Partner said that she had no knowledge of NICOLA JANE BOLTON, file name was in capital letters by the way.

Tried to open this and the LoginLink triggered.

Please be aware everyone. Lady at Lloyds told me that they'd had a number of phone calls today. Bank think that there may be a problem with Safari. However i had the same download appearing when i tried to log in on my Windows based laptop.

I'm no expert but the advice I was given was not to type in Lloyds Bank, but to type in www. lloydsbank.com and this will take you to the bank's webpage. 

Partner tells me she had an issue with her ipad Friday where she was told by "BT" that our monthly bill was unpaid. It asked her to log in to her account again which she didn't do thankfully. 

She got BT's number from the contract we'd signed, and BT confirmed that they'd never sent her an e-mail.

Please be aware people.

Edited by ap sior - 07 September 2014 at 8:05pm
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 8:27pm
Thanks for that.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic