Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Windies win world cup 4 straight 6's last over

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windies win world cup 4 straight 6's last over
    Posted: 03 April 2016 at 6:18pm
Epic. England were ahead all the way , windies needed 19 runs off the last over, but some ginormous kid called Braithwaite whacked Ben Stokes for 4 straight sixes in the last over to steal it for the West Indies..Windies have won it twice now and hold the u19's world cup and the womens world cup, so maybe carribbean cricket is on the comeback trail?....I think Cricket has shaken off its boring tag too today lolClap
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2016 at 6:30pm
Good to see Windies rise as a cricket team once agin. Good for the game and trips to the Caribbean! 
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2016 at 6:52pm
Exciting game, but it's clear Ben Stokes has, in the words of my old boss, "a learning curve you could play billiards on".  Cry
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2016 at 7:20pm
The best finish ever of a cricket match. When the West Indies (who my son and I both support) reached the last over needing 19 to win I had given up, and if I was at a bookie would have put the house on an England to win, but my son said "Enillwn ni a 2 bel i sbario"  - we'll win with 2 balls to spare and miraculously it happened. There must be a God uop there but he seems to have given up with Pro12 Rugby.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2016 at 7:57pm
Let me know if Ffidel junior has any more tips Wink
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2016 at 9:41pm
Incredible final over 
And We Were Singing...
Pyno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pyno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2016 at 10:15pm
An incredible over by the Indies. I am a WI cricket fan first, England second (only because there isn't a Welsh team). I think it was a great victory for Sammy and the boys, but it does not mean they are back as far as tests and odi's. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic