Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Champions Cup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Champions Cup
    Posted: 12 May 2017 at 10:32pm
Surprised no one has started a thread already.
Having spent 4 very happy years in France, travelling 240 miles (as the crow flies) to Montferrand, about 10 times each season, I'm hoping that my no 2 team can win the big one tomorrow.
Allez ASM
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Vulcan Vulcan wrote:

Surprised no one has started a thread already.
Having spent 4 very happy years in France, travelling 240 miles (as the crow flies) to Montferrand, about 10 times each season, I'm hoping that my no 2 team can win the big one tomorrow.
Allez ASM
Me too
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:23am
Would be good for the game, but I can't see it happening especially with Nigel refereeing.
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 10:02am
I've posted on one of the fans message boards about NO's apparent favouritism in west Wales
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 12:11am
Saracens Champions Played 9 Won 8 - Only side they didn't beat.......

SCARLETS! 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:38am
I can only imagine the pain of being a Clermont fan: it's now 11 Top 14 final defeats (1 win) and 3 European Cup final losses. Is there a worse final record in sport and has Rougerie played in them all as well?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 9:24am
Must admit I was hoping that Clermont would win as they have been great entertainment over the years. My visit to their ground a few years ago was one of my away trip highlights up there with Toulon & Limerick. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 9:27am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Must admit I was hoping that Clermont would win as they have been great entertainment over the years. My visit to their ground a few years ago was one of my away trip highlights up there with Toulon & Limerick. 

Sure was, great ground and rugby town. I feel for the fans though.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 9:50am
Yes dr_martinov a great rugby town. The Clermont fans were so welcoming.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 4:17pm
Saracens, the best team money can buy..the 6 Lions were all prominent.  Nigel had a good game also.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Saracens, the best team money can buy..the 6 Lions were all prominent.  Nigel had a good game also.

Yes indeed - Clermont gave them a good match, but Sarries always looked in control. Pity they're a team created by money. Up until Wray took over in 1995, they were a pretty mediocre club with a very few internationals and small crowds.

That's the way of the world, these days.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Yes indeed - Clermont gave them a good match, but Sarries always looked in control. Pity they're a team created by money. Up until Wray took over in 1995, they were a pretty mediocre club with a very few internationals and small crowds.

That's the way of the world, these days.

Did anyone else notice the "Victory Tickertape" was Blue & Yellow .. ASM Colours !Confused
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

I can only imagine the pain of being a Clermont fan: it's now 11 Top 14 final defeats (1 win) and 3 European Cup final losses. Is there a worse final record in sport and has Rougerie played in them all as well?
I've been a follower of ASM for almost 20 years now and know a few of  their fans.
They still keep coming to the Stade MM in their thousands. Win, lose, or draw they celebrate a home game as a special day out.
For a late evening  game they arrive at the ground before 5pm, the result almost seems to be unimportant, have a few beers, then a meal with wine and go to the game.
Its fantastic.
As for the Rougerie family, they are Royalty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic