Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Post-Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 10:30pm
So who's watching tonight guys? Doc?

GO PATS!!

Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 10:38pm
GO PATS GO!!!
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 11:09pm
Gronk as our No 8 next year anyone? lol

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 11:54pm
Got the size hands and speed and would get on great with cubby
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 12:06am
I hate both teams but I hate the Eagles more, so Patriots for me tonight.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

GO PATS!!

Sorry sr - was watching but didn't check on here!

Hell of a game. Neither d had much answer to some incredible performances. And play calling: a direct snap end around option to the qb as receiver? On 4th and goal? Wow.

Thought the Pats were going to do it again but finally Eagles got to Brady.

Great advert for the game and yes, I'm pleased for the eagles. The fact a backup took the to the Superbowl says a lot about their squad and they'll be stronger next year with Wentz back, although they are losing their offensive coordinator.

Pats... Wonder if Brady will retire now? He still looks unstoppable running the offence. As a Steelers fan I'd love him to give us a chance ;)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 9:12am
I salute your undoubted patience. How anyone can sit through so much downtime for such little sport is way beyond me but what the hell.
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 9:23am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

GO PATS!!

Hell of a game. Neither d had much answer to some incredible performances. And play calling: a direct snap end around option to the qb as receiver? On 4th and goal? Wow.

Great advert for the game and yes, I'm pleased for the eagles. The fact a backup took the to the Superbowl says a lot about their squad and they'll be stronger next year with Wentz back, although they are losing their offensive coordinator.

Pats... Wonder if Brady will retire now? He still looks unstoppable running the offence. As a Steelers fan I'd love him to give us a chance ;)
May well retire Doc, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if Bellichick follows him. End of an era perhaps?

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 10:14am

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

GO PATS!!

May well retire Doc, and I wouldn't be totally surprised if Bellichick follows him. End of an era perhaps?

Hopefully! Hell of an era and that's all you're getting from me. Smile

Brady depends on how physically healthy he feels but I suspect you're right, although he may stick around the Pats for their next QB development. I suspect Bellichick will continue though - you could see how angry at the loss he was (does he have any other expression?) and will want some more shots at winning as he clearly still has the desire.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 4:02pm
I'm still catching up with this on iPlayer - too exhausted after Wales - Scotland to watch it live... I don't have any especial affection for either team, but am pleased for the Eagles because:

1. Patriots have won it 5 times recently (Brady/Belichick era) so they started as firm favourites - when neutral, I always support the underdog - and indeed, the Eagles fans and some players wore dog masks to emphasize that point!

2. Belichick and Brady are 'friends of Donald Trump' which is a sgood a reason as any not to support them. (Of course, that may be true of the Eagles, too, but in truth I know very little about them.)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I salute your undoubted patience. How anyone can sit through so much downtime for such little sport is way beyond me but what the hell.

I understand your point - but in the weekly highlights programme you get to see the amazing Osi Umeniyora, who is without a doubt the most entertaining pundit (and 2 time superbowl winner, as he'll always remind you!) on TV. Comparing the hilarious interchanges between Osi and Jay Bell makes you realise how thoroughly wooden most football pundits (Shearer, etc.) are. Of course, during the final, you get a lot more talk to action, but those guys are still entertaining - I could easily fast-forward to the action, but I'm not doing it.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic