Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Premier Sports announced as P14 broadcaster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Pleased for Wyn Gruffydd. A lot will depend on the producers. Harries will have to bring something new to the table, fresh start give him a chance. At least it wont have Jiffy who had no passion for the league or the job. At least the producers had enough about them to spot that Jiffy was a phoney.

Its not going to be spot on early doors, but I dont think its going to take much to improve on ScrumV live and ScrumV.

One little area of concern is that:-

Holley - Osprey
Shane- Osprey
Williams - Blues
Warburton- Blues
Butler   -  Gwent boy.

The Irish set up, ensured that there was someone from each province well at least Ulster, Munster and Leinster. Dont know if they have someone from Connacht. 

But, hey, its new, hopefully its fresh, let's see what they can come up with.

Utmost respect for Butler signed the petition for Scarlets to stand alone as did no other than Serge Blanco,where as certain people as an ex Scarlets player with higher esteem refused .

Not very impressed by the Welsh selection of  panellists .

Yeah I think Eddie has, and has shown respect for us. But as he's commentating he'll have to strive to be impartial. Shane doesnt like us, its clear. Martin likes us but his main pull is to the Blues and Sean loves the O's as well. Wyn is from west wales, dont know if he's a Scarlets fan. There's no-one from us or the Dragons. So from the off there is a lack of balance. The balance that the Irish seem to have grasped.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Sponsored Links

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 10:47pm
I thought Ross Harries was " one of us"
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 10:48pm
So basically each presenter should be bias to at least one region.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

So basically each presenter should be bias to at least one region.

Yes. If they were biased to all of them it wouldnt work mun.Wink
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

I thought Ross Harries was " one of us"
He said he was a Scarlet at the big end of season dinner the 2 years ago ! Sean has also coached us before and did a very good job. Didn't he work in Sir Gar as well? Shane was great player but I don't like his punditry and lack of gravitas -it is important and at least Holley has that.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2018 at 10:34am
Ross is a pro, Shane & Martin are learning their trade, Sam is very professional and appears to be a natural in front of the camera, Holley understands the game from a coaches perspective & Eddie really knows how to build a game and get the viewer through. All in all a good team. As for regional bias I can't say that I could accuse any of these - they have all been extremely complimentary on the Scarlets performances throughout the past two seasons. Lets face it its a no brainer really just as saying Leinster have set the bar for the season. They were the best side in Europe by a long way last season with us at least joint second.

Many teams have recruited well & I expect a lot of improvement to come from the likes of Edinburgh, Blues & Dragons. I also think the two Italian sides will continue their steady improvement.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2018 at 12:07pm
I don’t agree with this bias talk. It’s as if we’re making excuses for anything we don’t want to hear. Who’s going to be the new Scapegoat instead of Jiffy?

New deals coming up end of the week according to the Scarlets and Premiersports.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2018 at 8:48pm
Look out, warbs is now the worlds best commentator as well as best 7 🙃
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 9:31am
Well as much as Eddie has always been kind to us, he has taken the wedge from the Dragons to have a snide swipe at us. Obviously he is only narrating it.....

Prepare for pashun and pride overload

https://twitter.com/dragonsrugby/status/1027617499448307712
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2018 at 4:55pm
Highlights of the awards evening on at 7pm tomorrow.

NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Highlights of the awards evening on at 7pm tomorrow.

On what/where, please SA14?

I see from my Freesat programme guide that FreeSports have a 1-hour PRO14 season preview show on Wednesday 29 Aug at 10pm - no other details of the structure or hosts of the show as yet.

update:
Just tweeted by FreeSports - PRO14 Awards Night/Preview show - Fri 24 Aug, 7pm
Hosted by Dougie Vipond from Celtic Park

(Next Wed's show must be a repeat of this.)

Edited by NobbySosban - 23 August 2018 at 5:47pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2018 at 6:54pm
Preview show on Wednesday night at 10pm and on Sunday a two hour highlights programme.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic