Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

456 innocents died of neglect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 456 innocents died of neglect
    Posted: 20 June 2018 at 6:34pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44547788

Yet another horrifying NHS story this time between 1990 and 2000. Stafford hospital saw over 1000 premature deaths through neglect and abuse. Now this? The fact it takes 20 years for this to come to light is horrifying

I am no doubt in the minority here but as far as Im concerned prosecutions should follow
Passing these mass deaths off as purely down to over work or limited resources is not good enough
Whilst the NHS does many wonders on a daily basis. It is wrong for politicians to simply skirt over the mass of abuses just to win votes. Gordon Brown called the NHS angels of mercy etc I dont think that OTT praise is helpful. Yes its a hard job. yes many wonders are performed but there are just as many bad apples and cock ups in the NHS per head as anywhere else.  And they sometimes cost lives. Simply covering it up or brushing off mistakes is not only immoral , its dangerous and enables us to repeat these mistakes.

And Id also like to remind the politicians who wax lyrical , the NHS is NOT free, it costs us a fortune.

These mass abuses and cock ups are another reason why I am against assisted suicide in NHS hospitals.

Edited by roy munster - 20 June 2018 at 6:42pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic