Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Team v SA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales Team v SA
    Posted: 22 November 2018 at 12:47pm
Wales: L Williams (Saracens); North (Ospreys), J Davies (Scarlets), Parkes (Scarlets), Adams (Worcester); Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), G Davies (Scarlets); Smith (Ospreys), Owens (Scarlets), Francis (Exeter), Beard (Ospreys), Jones (Ospreys, capt), Lydiate (Ospreys), Tipuric (Ospreys), Moriarty (Dragons).

Replacements: Dee (Dragons), Evans (Scarlets), Lewis (Cardiff Blues), Hill (Dragons), Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), T Williams (Cardiff Blues), Biggar (Northampton), Watkin (Ospreys).

Joshua24:15
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2018 at 1:15pm
Clearly that is the best 23 in Gatland's eyes at the moment. As I see it only four players who are currently injured would change that 23 - Halfpenny, Scott, Faletau & Samson. Rob Evans has some work to do if he is to get back to being No 1; Jake has been hard done by in my eyes. Steff misses out on merit this season - I hope he gets a run of games from Glasgow on to show his best form. Rhys is the wrong call for me - big game for Anscombe with the added responsibility of the kicking duties. Watkin is a little unlucky not to start. 

It will be a very interesting selection when the team for the first 6 nations game is announced. 
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2018 at 1:18pm
Really I’m surprised you think smith is ahead of Evans. Parkes shouldn’t be there either. Not many scarlets in this one, wouldn’t have beard starting also. Pfff no ball what a [beep]ing farce

Edited by Sosban bach - 22 November 2018 at 1:23pm
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2018 at 2:00pm
Beard seems to be the choice for the future...Ball is a much better player. Why aren't players released to the Scarlets?  Rob Evans is much better than Smith also...but is maybe a better bench option.

Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2018 at 5:51pm
Tbh im gutted that our boys havent had the recognition they deserve but im also glad that most will return un-injured. Fingers crossed for the boys playing. Ive lost interest in walez as a team under gatland and co.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Really I’m surprised you think smith is ahead of Evans. Parkes shouldn’t be there either. Not many scarlets in this one, wouldn’t have beard starting also. Pfff no ball what a [beep]ing farce

Well I have been saying for a while that Rob Evans needs to concentrate on his game instead of trying to ref it!!!! He has not really improved in the last year or so. Now Smith certainly has improved - his scrummaging is better & he works very hard at the breakdown which I think is why he is now 1st choice. Also, of course, Rob is a little light on gametime this season. 

The selection of Beard is interesting. Firstly he is a big unit - as Gatland said you can't coach 6' 8" & 20 stone. From what I have been reading of Gatland's comments if this was a Grand Slam decider he may not have selected Beard. After all there is probably no better pack to test a young 2nd row against than South Africa. If he has flaws they will be exposed tomorrow. 

Finally I certainly agree with you regarding Hadleigh. He has had a poor season by his standards & if Scott was fit I don't think he would be playing tomorrow. I thought Watkin had a good game against Tonga and is unlucky not to start tomorrow. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2018 at 12:38pm
Now that Adams has shown us what he is capable of at international level I think that it's only Halfpenny's injury that has given North a starting place on the wing ahead of Sanjay and it will be interesting to see what happens when Halfpenny recovers.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2018 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Now that Adams has shown us what he is capable of at international level I think that it's only Halfpenny's injury that has given North a starting place on the wing ahead of Sanjay and it will be interesting to see what happens when Halfpenny recovers.

George needs to get involved more & go looking for the ball. One thing very positive about Liam is that he is always looking to get involved even off the wing. He was on Steff's shoulder for that Aled Davies try last Saturday. I wonder if George would have been in that position? If we can get George into the game more then he is a real handful. 
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2018 at 2:07pm
Looking forward to this game just to see Sanjay at fullback. My top pick for fullback, the try near touch was only possible by him such a strong core on the guy to keep himself like a plank.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2018 at 3:03pm
When Liam plays at 15 excitement isn't far away. Conservative he ain't!!!!!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2018 at 3:27pm
liam north foxy cawdor - impact players , potential match winners
parkes , anscombe - playmakers
josh possible match winner just need to see what he can do at elite level

bench bit safetly first
biggar tomow watkin all class players but can any of them come on to make a big impact and win a match ?
Id have gone with tomow, patchell and steff (amos also a serious contender when fully fit)

Edited by roy munster - 23 November 2018 at 3:31pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic