Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets vs Leinster match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 11:58am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Ots
have we got any decent 10's coming through the ranks?
There needs to be external recruitment in that area.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

[QUOTE=ladram] Ots

Is Priestland an option that we could afford and how then would we resolve whether to play Patchell or Priestland?
 Priority definitely needs to be big, carrying second row or two, one of whom could possibly fit in at 8 in emergency, then 10 and if McNicholl stays another project speedster on the wing.

Edited by Ffidel Bennett - 27 January 2019 at 12:33pm
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 12:39pm
The way I see it, yes other results went our way but so did our result also go our way.  All good.  
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 1:51pm

Ots
Yep. Dan isn't what we need for Europe and Patch is either injured or with Wales - and both those things have hindered his development too IMO.

We could do with a ready to go 10 to add to the roster. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 2:30pm

Ots
Mathew Maynard at Drovers is a classsy player at Premiership level but hasn’t impressed the Region coaches clearly. RFC s 10 is 20 year old Ioan Hughes ( Steff’s brother) but still developing.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Ots
Mathew Maynard at Drovers is a classsy player at Premiership level but hasn’t impressed the Region coaches clearly. RFC s 10 is 20 year old Ioan Hughes ( Steff’s brother) but still developing.

Think you mean Jack Dave ? Matthew a damn good cricketer mind !

My understanding his recruitment at 10:his high on priority list .
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Ots

oops .. senior moment Mark 🤪
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 3:22pm
On 10 I have heard we are bringing back ex academy 10 Llew Smith who was with us but is now with the Dragons. Good potential but still very young.
I’d like to see more of Ioan Hughes. Has always looked neat and tidy when given the chance. Know he has struggled this year with injuries.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

On 10 I have heard we are bringing back ex academy 10 Llew Smith who was with us but is now with the Dragons. Good potential but still very young.
I’d like to see more of Ioan Hughes. Has always looked neat and tidy when given the chance. Know he has struggled this year with injuries.

I like Llew Smith a good playmaker and good mix to his game I know some coaches have doubts with regards his kicking game,I was surprised to see him released and at the Dragons,it his great to see him back in the Scarlets system !
Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 3:53pm
Leinster v Scarlets showing on S4C now. At the time I was just relieved we played well but now that I know the result this is going to be very frustrating!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 4:02pm

I like Llew Smith a good playmaker and good mix to his game I know some coaches have doubts with regards his kicking game,I was surprised to see him released and at the Dragons,it his great to see him back in the Scarlets system !
That is good to hear. I’m not 100% on this it’s just what I’ve heard so don’t take it as gospel mind.
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 4:15pm

That is good to hear. I’m not 100% on this it’s just what I’ve heard so don’t take it as gospel mind.
Llew is back on loan to the rfc from the Dragons after Bargoed refused to play him after being their allocated player,neat and tidy player i saw him play for the rfc up in Merthyr,kicking game needs to improve if he wants to make the step up
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 4:32pm

Ots

158 cb I heard.LOL
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2019 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Cofi Cofi wrote:

Leinster v Scarlets showing on S4C now. At the time I was just relieved we played well but now that I know the result this is going to be very frustrating!

Yes just watched it now , we did have plenty of the game and missed some chances , on the plus side some of the younger players continue to play well and feel we are playing better again now since the New Year.
saundersfoot scarlets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic