Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gareth Davies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gareth Davies
    Posted: 09 March 2019 at 6:19pm
Just a word on Gareth Davies, I know all the spangly cowboy hat brigade will only have seen the couple of mistakes he's made but Gareth is a big reason why Wales are scoring tries after 20 to 30 phases. His organisation. And defense are second to none and his passing has caught up with the rest of his game.

This week and especially against England I thought he's been outstanding.

With Parkes and JD finding form maybe we can finish the season with a bang when we get our internationals back.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 6:56pm
Agree wholeheartedly, Henry.

He’s got stuck in; concentrated on what needs to be done and ignored the small stuff or wind ups.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Agree wholeheartedly, Henry.

He’s got stuck in; concentrated on what needs to be done and ignored the small stuff or wind ups.
Hear hear Steve!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2019 at 11:38pm
Ps I worry about our strength in depth at 9 these days as it’s all a bit confusing. Is Aled really our number 2 ? 🤔 with no disrespect to Aled intended ,

Edited by reesytheexile - 09 March 2019 at 11:38pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 7:59am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Ps I worry about our strength in depth at 9 these days as it’s all a bit confusing. Is Aled really our number 2 ? 🤔 with no disrespect to Aled intended ,

I assume Tomos Williams is still injured.

Agree that Gareth has had a good tournament - his spot blitzing also puts pressure on the opposing backs.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 11:58am
His passing is still very suspect and he s had a couple of his box kicks charged down because he hasnt ensured there are blockers in front of him. But he is playing better now than he was a couple months ago for us.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 12:41pm
I think he’s been bouyed by his defensive performances.

That role of putting pressure on Farrell’s kicks was excellent and will have given him lots of confidence.

Agree his kicking still needs work.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 1:12pm
I feel he is comes in for a lot of unfair criticism on here and with other Welsh rugby sites. He’s not the quicker in service but controls the ball at back of ruck to bring forwards on to the ball, which is way Wales wants to play.
He is phenomenal in defence being so quick and in the face of the opposition.
No he isn’t Gareth Edwards but he is a very good international class 9 which need to be recognised more.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I feel he is comes in for a lot of unfair criticism on here and with other Welsh rugby sites. He’s not the quicker in service but controls the ball at back of ruck to bring forwards on to the ball, which is way Wales wants to play.
He is phenomenal in defence being so quick and in the face of the opposition.
No he isn’t Gareth Edwards but he is a very good international class 9 which need to be recognised more.

Fair comment - we in Wales have a tendency at times to focus on what players are not good at, rather than praise them for those areas in which they excel. Cawdor, for example, can scare opposition because they know for a fact that if he makes an interception 80m from their line, he has the gas and stamina to run in a try unless there's a tackler already well positioned.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2019 at 12:39am
He put huge pressure on sexton which helped us big time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic