Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales World Cup Squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2019 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

other options may be considered as back ups to the back ups... lydiate and seb davies

From what I've seen of Seb Davies at 8....no thank you. Lydiate who I have previously and unashamedly slated for being one dimensional was actually fantastic in the Autumn internationals last year. Is he fit? surprised he wasn't called up when they found out Faletau was broken.

hard man to discount always gives 101% and I agree he went well on his comeback and seemed more dynamic

if they bring him in that covers 6, maybe 8 in mega emergency and wainwright covers 6 and 8
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2019 at 8:31am
Lydiate would be an asset in that squad if fully fit & firing. My worry is that a number being talked about in the back row are very short of rugby - Navidi, Aaron & Jenkins. Suddenly an area of huge strength with difficult decisions to be made is becoming a little threadbare. That problem will be solved if Navidi & Aaron come through some gametime in the next couple of weeks. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Lydiate would be an asset in that squad if fully fit & firing. My worry is that a number being talked about in the back row are very short of rugby - Navidi, Aaron & Jenkins. Suddenly an area of huge strength with difficult decisions to be made is becoming a little threadbare. That problem will be solved if Navidi & Aaron come through some gametime in the next couple of weeks. 

I thought Jenkins had been ruled out? or is that just a 'probable'?

You're right, though - back row should be an area of strength for Wales, but won't be if we have too many injuries and/or players who are undercooked coming back. Maybe the coaches have a short list of players who could come in, if necessary (Young, Turnbull etc.) - I'd be surprised if there isn't a 'plan B' here.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic