Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your team for SA?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 11:54am
I would go for Shingler at 6 and Wainright to 8. Moriarty doesn't seem to be his old self. But also aware that Shinglers form has been a bit off. He has been trying too many offloads that weren't on. But he would start for me.

I also think if we want any chance at winning and also pushing even further and winning the whole thing, we need to play differently.

I would also start Patchell at 10 and look at another option instead of North on the wing. Personally I would pick Halfers at 15 and move Liam to wing. Liam is a lot hungrier for the ball and would offer more on the wing.

What wouldn't we give for Johnny Mac to be Welsh qualified now. 

However, as a few have said already, can't see Gats changing much. Foxy back in if fit and that's about it.

Saffa's are extremely confident of smashing us, but they are not too pleased about having Garces as ref. Apparently out of 11 games he has reffed south Africa, they have lost 10. 
Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 12:05pm
Warren will not change the style at all, and while I don't agree with it, its got us to the semifinal, so why should he, keep faith in the team, and lets hope we play like the 2 first halves of the first 2 matches.

Foxy & Parkes play if fit, if not then Watkin will come in, just hope one of them are fit.

The only real debate I feel is the back row, Moriarty is the favourite, BUT :-
we could see a surprise with Cubby there
I feel Shingler may well scrape in due to his line out skills.

Interesting, but I'd rather play SA than either of the other two in the SF, and also France as Wales play far better against a traditional style of rugby, some may say boring.

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

1. Rob Evans
2. Sam Parry
3. Samson Lee
4. Seb Davies
5. Cory Hill
6. Thomas Young
7. Ellis Jenkins
8. Talupe Faletau

9. Rhys Webb
10. Rhys Priestland
11. Steff Evans
12. Owen Williams
13. Scott Williams
14. Alex Cuthbert
15. Gareth Anscombe

whats this? the nearly men 15?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

1. Rob Evans
2. Sam Parry
3. Samson Lee
4. Seb Davies
5. Cory Hill
6. Thomas Young
7. Ellis Jenkins
8. Talupe Faletau

9. Rhys Webb
10. Rhys Priestland
11. Steff Evans
12. Owen Williams
13. Scott Williams
14. Alex Cuthbert
15. Gareth Anscombe

whats this? the nearly men 15?

Don't think Gatland will make any changes other than Jon Davies in for Watkins, but a nearly 15 is a good name for it.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Warren will not change the style at all, and while I don't agree with it, its got us to the semifinal, so why should he, keep faith in the team, and lets hope we play like the 2 first halves of the first 2 matches.

Foxy & Parkes play if fit, if not then Watkin will come in, just hope one of them are fit.

The only real debate I feel is the back row, Moriarty is the favourite, BUT :-
we could see a surprise with Cubby there
I feel Shingler may well scrape in due to his line out skills.

Interesting, but I'd rather play SA than either of the other two in the SF, and also France as Wales play far better against a traditional style of rugby, some may say boring.

Prior to the tournament I said to my wife, who is English, that I fancied an England v Wales final. I also said that the only way I saw that happening would be if England were to beat the All Blacks. My predicted semis have arrived so I really don't want to jinx my forecasts which, by the way, was for Wales to beat a very edgy England with Cawdor making a mess of both Youngs and Farrell. In all honesty we have played the worst rugby of all 4 semi finalists but, of course, that means absolutely nothing. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 3:33pm
GPR, difficult to disagree with you, performance means nothing now, only results and Sunday was an example. I would take exactly the same thing thi Sunday again.

The only thing I'll say is that this Welsh team have confidence in their own ability and the way they play. In both the France & Fiji games they came from behind, playing exactly the way they had prepared, not chasing the game and not taking risks.

If that will work on the w/e who knows, we can but hope.

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 4:16pm
Knockout stages of the world cup is all about winning. Frankly I couldn’t care less if we were to beat South Africa 3-0 this weekend.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 5:40pm
We need to start well as with australia and georgia ....more accurate kicking strategy ....and we need to stop their offloads....in attack well simply take our chances...I think our set piece is allright....Just got to hope foxy is back as hes irreplacable atm ...North needs a good talking to...If foxy is out then watkin / parkes combo ...hapenny to the bench, if a centre get injured use north as a 13 late on
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2019 at 5:58pm
15 1/2p
14 Liam
13 foxy
12 Parkes
11 Adams
10 patch
9 GD
1 Wyn
2 ken
3 Francis
4 AWJ
5 Ball
6 Tipuric
7 cubby
8 Wainwright

16 Carre
17 Elias
18 Lewis
19 Shingler
20 Moriarty.
21 TW
22 Biggar
22 North
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 2:55pm
I would start Patchell at ten personally
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I would start Patchell at ten personally

I agree Llandre but I can’t see Gatland changing. 

BBC Wales reporting that Kolbe, the springbok winger, is a doubt for Sunday’s match after aggravating an injury. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic