Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Zealand v Wales Teams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2019 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

No reason why Shingler, Elias and Cubby can't be fast tracked back into the Scarlets
There’s a 4-6 week break for Wales RWC squad members 
Does that mean the WRU pick up the wages tab for their enforced break?  
Ryan Elias must be bursting for a game after months of recovery and training.  Also Shingler after a season injured. The Scots are getting back into the Pro14 and you can bet the fringe England players will be turning out for their clubs in two weeks time.
Keep the faith
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2019 at 5:56pm

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

No reason why Shingler, Elias and Cubby can't be fast tracked back into the Scarlets
There’s a 4-6 week break for Wales RWC squad members 

How does that work for the very important match Wales have on 30 November? Which is also the weekend we play Ulster away?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2019 at 6:57pm
I’d suggest there is a 4-6 hiatus for the likes of Ken, Cawdor, Parkes, Foxy, Wyn and a couple of others,

The likes of Elias has played 3-4 games this year, and there is little in the way of value in him having a month or more off.

Patch, Cubby, Shingler, Hpenny, Thomson are somewhere in between.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2019 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I’d suggest there is a 4-6 hiatus for the likes of Ken, Cawdor, Parkes, Foxy, Wyn and a couple of others,

The likes of Elias has played 3-4 games this year, and there is little in the way of value in him having a month or more off.

Thanks, So those available and fit enough will play a friendly against the Barbarians instead of a crucial league game in Ulster?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2019 at 7:31pm
Sorry, I don’t know, and these are my understandings.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2019 at 7:31pm

Blade Thomson will be back for Benetton next week
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2019 at 7:52pm

Blade Thomson will be back for Benetton next week
It'll be good to have a double agent in their ranks Wink
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2019 at 9:09pm
Tex has also arrived!!
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 3:11pm
There seems to be alot of hate for cubby on wales online comments even one calling for foxy to be dropped from international rugby as well
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

There seems to be alot of hate for cubby on wales online comments even one calling for foxy to be dropped from international rugby as well

Why? What is wrong with these people?

Cubby did pretty well overall at the RWC, and Foxy had to play on one leg and was still tidy. (In passing - I'd always look to praise players turning out for Wales rather than knock them, no matter what region they represent. And if someone has a mare - as did Amos - I'm always pleased to see a much improved performance next time out.)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 1:03am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Cubby did pretty well overall at the RWC, and Foxy had to play on one leg and was still tidy. (In passing - I'd always look to praise players turning out for Wales rather than knock them, no matter what region they represent. And if someone has a mare - as did Amos - I'm always pleased to see a much improved performance next time out.)
Cubby was better than tips v the ab’s But you’ll never be allowed to say such things. It’s always an anti scarlet agenda
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 8:33am
There really are some muppets around. Does anyone really think these boys are not allowed to have bad games. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 9:48am

Foxy and Hadleigh did their best while carrying injuries that affected their performances. Don't hang me out to dry on this, but I think those injuries (or playing off Biggar at 10) have made a difference for Foxy at international level and he doesn't seem the same post-Lions tour. BUT his defensive work and how he organises those around him is vital for Wales and probably not noticed by many. Centres are definitely a position where we (Wales) want to see people come through in, and we could have done with a more attacking option this world cup for me, nothing wrong in saying that.

Edited by dr_martinov - 05 November 2019 at 9:49am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Foxy and Hadleigh did their best while carrying injuries that affected their performances. Don't hang me out to dry on this, but I think those injuries (or playing off Biggar at 10) have made a difference for Foxy at international level and he doesn't seem the same post-Lions tour. BUT his defensive work and how he organises those around him is vital for Wales and probably not noticed by many. Centres are definitely a position where we (Wales) want to see people come through in, and we could have done with a more attacking option this world cup for me, nothing wrong in saying that.

Fair comment. What worries me is that Gats' selections sometimes don't make the greatest sense. He knew when he selected his squad that Biggar was going to be No 1 10. That defined his gameplan - kick & chase game with big gainline defence. Who was the best centre in Wales to play at 12 with that plan - Jamie Roberts, Scott & Hadleigh in that order. He decided to take 3 centres - always a gamble so who does he pick - two players who have never played at 13 at International level and leaves behind one guy who is vastly experienced and has played loads of high profile rugby at 12 & 13 : Scott. Pretty clueless really & before anyone says it Scott went on all the pre tournament training & has played every game so far for the Ospreys so I don't buy the lack of form or fitness reasons.

That one positional decision probably, with the way things panned out, cost us the semi final. Our total reluctance to use the ball through the hands was mystifying to say the least. Gatland has done great service to Welsh rugby that is a fact but he has only taken us so far. We do not possess the power game of South Africa, France or England but we do have attacking flair which we rarely use - Patchell, Foxy, Liam & Adams need to be given licence to attack & then we can use the skills and fitness of guys like Wainwright & Tipuric. A fit & firing Faletau would be the best present Pivac could hope for come the 6 nations - then he has to be bold in his selection at 10. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2019 at 6:36am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Fair comment. What worries me is that Gats' selections sometimes don't make the greatest sense. He knew when he selected his squad that Biggar was going to be No 1 10. That defined his gameplan - kick & chase game with big gainline defence. Who was the best centre in Wales to play at 12 with that plan - Jamie Roberts, Scott & Hadleigh in that order. He decided to take 3 centres - always a gamble so who does he pick - two players who have never played at 13 at International level and leaves behind one guy who is vastly experienced and has played loads of high profile rugby at 12 & 13 : Scott. Pretty clueless really & before anyone says it Scott went on all the pre tournament training & has played every game so far for the Ospreys so I don't buy the lack of form or fitness reasons.

That one positional decision probably, with the way things panned out, cost us the semi final. Our total reluctance to use the ball through the hands was mystifying to say the least. Gatland has done great service to Welsh rugby that is a fact but he has only taken us so far. We do not possess the power game of South Africa, France or England but we do have attacking flair which we rarely use - Patchell, Foxy, Liam & Adams need to be given licence to attack & then we can use the skills and fitness of guys like Wainwright & Tipuric. A fit & firing Faletau would be the best present Pivac could hope for come the 6 nations - then he has to be bold in his selection at 10. 

Agreed. we all knew biggar and the kick it away strategy would only take us so far then ultimately fail.

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic