Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unsung Heroes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unsung Heroes
    Posted: 28 December 2019 at 9:55am
Watching the Blues v Dragons game on Thursday I couldn't help but feel a  little regret at losing one of our own - no not Will but Josh Turnbull. He possesses a great engine and fits in seamlessly at 4/5 6 or 8 never giving less than his all in the cause. Any team that possesses 15 like him will be never beaten before the final whistle thats for sure. 

All us supporters can ever ask of a player is that he gives 100% every game and maximises his talents - well done Josh you certainly achieve that & more. 
Sponsored Links

tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 1:34am
He's one of the very few to leave and not just fall by the wayside as everyone else seems to do, a good clubman. Also the only player to get a Grad Slam winners medal and not played a minute in that years tournament.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 6:46am
I was reflecting on Josh with my oldest son the other day. He’s the club skip at Emlyn.
Josh comes down to train the Emlyn forwards twice a week, makes any game where there isn’t a clash. He lives an hour or so away from Emlyn, does it FOC of course, and has really brought the pack on,

As a player he is the epitome on an utility back 5 forward. An asset to any squad with his graft and experience.

Like Boyde, Myhill and Josh Adams, he seems to have made the right call by moving to the Blues, he gets regular game time these last few seasons.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 12:15pm
I agree was gutted we didn’t hold on to him at the time he gave everything for us, even had both shoulders done at the same time so he would be back to play for us and could play almost everywhere! I’m sure he went to blues at first because he wanted to play as a 6 and possibly try to get into that wales team by doing so but has ended up playing more positions than when he was with us.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

I agree was gutted we didn’t hold on to him at the time he gave everything for us, even had both shoulders done at the same time so he would be back to play for us and could play almost everywhere! I’m sure he went to blues at first because he wanted to play as a 6 and possibly try to get into that wales team by doing so but has ended up playing more positions than when he was with us.

I think it was Easters preference for Rob McCusker to play there that compounded matters with Josh and then of course we all know what happens with Mc C when Wayne takes over and it’s farewell to Rob. By then Josh had gone I think.

As for Kirby he is a stranger one to me as he just didn’t kick on unlike his team mates Samson and Rob when he had the size and power to do so. Perhaps he needed a change but even at the Blues he has never been number one hooker. Not critical of him and just my observation. I guess we all run our careers in our own way !
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2019 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

I think it was Easters preference for Rob McCusker to play there that compounded matters with Josh and then of course we all know what happens with Mc C when Wayne takes over and it’s farewell to Rob. By then Josh had gone I think.

As for Kirby he is a stranger one to me as he just didn’t kick on unlike his team mates Samson and Rob when he had the size and power to do so. Perhaps he needed a change but even at the Blues he has never been number one hooker. Not critical of him and just my observation. I guess we all run our careers in our own way !
Yea I certainly didn’t agree with easters choice of gog over josh but guess we all see different things with different eyes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic