Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nick Thompson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 9:07am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

He's going to the Blues

As per everyone else.

Official?

Strong rumour?

Speculation?

Probably got from the same source who told him Webb wasn't going back to the Ospreys.

No, I didn't make this one up, it's in the main body of one of the articles about the squad. Says Blues are looking to sign him.
No it says they tried to sign him last season. He has two years left on his Saracens deal.

But with relegation for Sarries now a real possibility, they will be looking to offload players ASAP.
Yes I would have thought that would lead to Tompkins and Care coming to Wales.

They also signed a young tight head from North Wales - Wainwright I think his name was - lets have him as well. 
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 9:23am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

He's going to the Blues

As per everyone else.

Official?

Strong rumour?

Speculation?

Probably got from the same source who told him Webb wasn't going back to the Ospreys.

No, I didn't make this one up, it's in the main body of one of the articles about the squad. Says Blues are looking to sign him.
No it says they tried to sign him last season. He has two years left on his Saracens deal.

But with relegation for Sarries now a real possibility, they will be looking to offload players ASAP.
Yes I would have thought that would lead to Tompkins and Care coming to Wales.

They also signed a young tight head from North Wales - Wainwright I think his name was - lets have him as well. 
Good prospect he is
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 8:06pm
is this thread titled nick thompson or is it just me??
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I spent twenty minutes googling Nick Thompson earlier!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 9:12pm

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I spent twenty minutes googling Nick Thompson earlier!
It’s a ploy to put WOL off the scent.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 4:29pm

Martyn Phillips gone then, I wonder if it had anything to do with your Gyppo article? Good journalism there well done!
Increasingly disillusioned with the tribulations & delays in implementing Project Reset, Phillips has struggled with divesting the WRU of the Dragons, particularly in his dealings with David Buttress. With Gareth Davies's term as Chair drawing to a close, and no obvious succession from within the WRU Board, Phillips has apparently decided that this would be a good time to leave the stage.

His tenure, and WGD's, will be remembered for aligning the Union with the pro teams to a greater degree than ever before, the start of a much better approach to the pro game in Wales (including establishing the PRB and separating & ring-fencing the Community game) and the 2019 Grand Slam, but The Gwent Problem and the delay of Project Reset would also feature prominently. Cudda, shudda done better, perhaps, but with the likes of Tompkins and other Welsh exiles coming (back) to play in Wales suggests that the tide has turned, and you'd have to credit Martyn Phillips for the positives.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 4:48pm
Who's the favourite to take over? Anyone have any ideas? 
miaow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miaow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 6:17pm
Martyn Phillips has done a very good job in my view. Much needed breath of fresh air given his predecessor.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 7:53am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Another failed retail executive looking to top up his pension pot probably. Why not poach the head of the IRFU who seems to be doing a pretty good job at half the current salary - just a thought like. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 11:36am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

yup julie patterson ryan jones or steve phillips. None of them
Upto it imo
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 11:49am
The W-O-L has an impressive list of potential candidates on the Business Section to-day. I personally think that the new guy must be an experienced manager first, and then a rugby man, because decisions made from the heart can be dangerous.

Also I believe that the new guy has no connections with a specific region, regardless of how good he may be, because it will alienate him with at least 50% of the rugby public.

I'm sure a few on this site may fancy the challenge. 
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 12:06pm
Have you got a link please?
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 12:15pm
https://www.business-live.co.uk/all-about/wales

The last 2 names let it down badly in my mind.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

https://www.business-live.co.uk/all-about/wales

The last 2 names let it down badly in my mind.

Thank you for the info , lewsey for me
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

The W-O-L has an impressive list of potential candidates on the Business Section to-day. I personally think that the new guy must be an experienced manager first, and then a rugby man, because decisions made from the heart can be dangerous.

Also I believe that the new guy has no connections with a specific region, regardless of how good he may be, because it will alienate him with at least 50% of the rugby public.

I'm sure a few on this site may fancy the challenge. 

Shame Dai, as I thought Mark Davies would have been a good fit. He did well with RRW when the Regions were at loggerheads with Roger. He's well known and well respected, and he would be impartial despite his strong connections with the Scarlets.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic