Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303304305
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2022 at 9:28am
There is now evidence emerging for changes to people's brains after Covid, even non-severe or long Covid cases:

Brain changes after COVID revealed by imaging (nature.com)

PM me if you want to read either and there is a paywall, the top article is the most readable unless you're a neurologist.

I think it's too early to get worried if you have had Covid and considering the number of cases we've had we'll know a lot more soon. The above I don't think takes into account Covid after vaccine, either. Many unknowns still.

PS If you are worried I daresay we could do a study and find drinking alcohol or watching daytime TV has a far bigger effect!
Sponsored Links

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2022 at 9:42am
Or reading Scarletfever.org!Big smile
Keep the faith
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2022 at 9:10pm
A near infographic on the new omicron strain 

Also, absolutely shocking to see the cases and death rates in Hong Kong now. 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2022 at 10:52am
Just come back from 16 days in the UK.
Spent 10 days self isolating after testing positive on Day 4. Probably picked up in a rugby clubhouse.

Total misread by me. What an idiot. All the indicators show plunging cases and no restrictions in Wales.

Yet very quickly on arrival we found multiple cases within family and friends ( non linked). All thankfully mild cases.

How did I miss that after 2 years of navigating the pandemic. How to be that naive. Like I said. Idiot.

Our equation is different to others a bit as I couldn’t afford my wife and children to test positive when travelling back and school starting, so it was 10 days of Netflix and work.

Didn’t get to see the extended family, kids or grandkids

I’m summary a total self ordained $**tshow.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2022 at 11:03am
Easily done, Wil. So many rules across different jurisdictions.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2022 at 11:22am
Scientists on Bbc news today on about the boom and bust cycles of fhe virus, reckons well constantly be getting peaks of infections then drop offs. Some people are still positive 2 years after infection!!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2022 at 8:11pm
To that end, South Africa has seen cases triple over the last 10 days. No new variant.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2022 at 10:22pm
I had covid thanks to Mrs. Reesy about 6 months ago and she got it again about 3-4 weeks ago and I didn’t get it! Weird isn’t it. I have a chronic incurable  lung condition who has been on an oxygen concentrator for the last 8 months or so on exercise, so a bit worried without getting neurotic but it’s really odd how some get covid and some don’t! 🤔

Edited by reesytheexile - 25 April 2022 at 11:26pm
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2022 at 12:19pm
Some people at my work testing positive 3-4 times in the space of 6 months. Very strange 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 303304305
  Share Topic