Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

European campaign

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Bys Meri Ann Bys Meri Ann wrote:

Referees have been announced for the first 2 rounds of the Champions Cup:

Bath v Scarlets 12 Dec - Alexandre Ruiz (Fr)

Scarlets v Toulon 18 Dec - Wayne Barnes (Eng)

Our home game against Bath in round 4 (23 Jan) will be the live game on Channel 4 that weekend and fingers crossed we'll still be in the mix by then. Shame we haven't got Leinster before the European campaign to see where we're at and to carry on the good work after the Ulster game.
Don’t know anything about the French ref. Is he one if the better ones or a comparative newbie? Wayne Barnes is normally very good so glad we have him over any of the Irish refs.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Our home game against Bath in round 4 (23 Jan) will be the live game on Channel 4 that weekend and fingers crossed we'll still be in the mix by then. Shame we haven't got Leinster before the European campaign to see where we're at and to carry on the good work after the Ulster game.
Don’t know anything about the French ref. Is he one if the better ones or a comparative newbie? Wayne Barnes is normally very good so glad we have him over any of the Irish refs.
Ruiz is a decent ref. 

In the past, he was inclined to be a bit fussy. I think that’s no longer the case.

He did deny us a win v Saracens by not giving Foxy the turnover penalty with the clock red. Instead, he gave it to them and they scored a try for the draw and conversion to win it, or have I got that last bit wrong?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 8:52pm

Last time Barnes was at the Parc, we beat Toulon and got to the SF. 

Good omen, perhaps??? 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

[QUOTE=Bys Meri Ann]Referees have been announced for the first 2 rounds of the Champions Cup:

Ruiz is a decent ref. 

In the past, he was inclined to be a bit fussy. I think that’s no longer the case.

He did deny us a win v Saracens by not giving Foxy the turnover penalty with the clock red. Instead, he gave it to them and they scored a try for the draw and conversion to win it, or have I got that last bit wrong?
[/QUOTE

I think Sarries got a draw Steve. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

[QUOTE=Bys Meri Ann]Referees have been announced for the first 2 rounds of the Champions Cup:

Ruiz is a decent ref. 

[/QUOTE

I think Sarries got a draw Steve. 
That was my initial recollection. My qualifying of the result reflected my disgust that we’d been robbed of a win over the unbeaten for ages, audit-dodging, boring rugby playing Londoners.- not that I’m bitterConfused
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Not having a game before Bath could be a problem, but some of our squad have played a lot of club rugby already, so the break might be good for them.  It will also give us the time needed for them to self isolate.
A game against Leinster with an already depleted squad depleted even more due to some positive COVID results and subsequent self isolations could have proved very damaging ahead of european matches (based on result) just as the signs are starting to look good.
I give you Argentina 25-15 New Zealand. The break did them good Wink
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2020 at 8:28am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

I hope they don’t start leaving fans it. Ridiculous enough having the 5 days do as you want at Xmas. 

Nobody will be forced to go to the games. The ones who want to go and will be lucky enough to get a ticket will be the ones who attend.
If someone doesn't feel it safe to go then don't go.
The trial events in England before October and the games in Northern Ireland which have had spectators have proven how it can be done safely

That doesn’t really make sense. It’s not a case of the choice of an individual feeling safe. They could carry the virus onto others. 

Theres no reason this cant be safely dont, if you can fit 2000 fans into PYS amongst the 4 stands, there should be no health danger, if everyone uses their common sense and keeps their distance from people not with them

And there lies the problem. This pandemic has shown that a lot of people have no common sense whatsoever. That’s why we’re still in this position. 

For once, I agree with you - 100%... we in Ceredigion have had very low rates of COVID until recently, when a bunch of idiots in Cardigan thought it a 'good idea' to celebrate the end of the lockdown with a pub crawl, leading to 55 positive tests and 300 contacts...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2020 at 9:23am
Further to the meeting on Monday, the welsh government has ruled out fans returning in the next few weeks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic