Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it a possibilty.......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Dammers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it a possibilty.......
    Posted: 10 October 2004 at 1:30pm

.....that if Llanelli keep winning and attendances keep rising (as they are), and if The Scarlets stay in a slump and attendance/interest wanes, would Llanelli games be a more attractive proposition to the rugby going public? early days but at this stage the possibilty of 2 trophies for the semi pros cannot be ruled out. Genuine thought, due to the fact I am now in a new job that is Mon-Fri and not shifts as I've done for years, so I can now follow both sides full time as it were, as well as catch the odd home game with the other feeder clubs.

Is it unfeasible to expect crowds for Llanelli games to touch 2-3,000 in the near future?

Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 1:34pm
i'll tell you wot, i've enjoyed the other teams games more this year at least they are trying.  and they're 2.30 kick offs!  if i had to make a choice right now i think i'd prefer to go to all their games!

(lucky git on not having to work shifts anymore BTW)
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 6:21pm
Without a doubt the semi-pro's are playing to a standard the fully pro's can only dream about. Far more pleasurable to watch even when they lose. 
Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 11:07pm
I know of a lot of people who see the semi pro games as more of an attraction at the moment. I can honestly see the attendances going up, whether the scarlets' form slumps further or not. I know the Quins boys are filling their loads due to our meeting with them on Wednesday evening.
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 11:09pm
a few of us enjoyed folowing the semis ladt year and are pleased to see more intrest this season.well done.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

StradeGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StradeGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 11:03am
Quins match has been postponed on Wednesday. I twill now be played on New years day.
Chesswithdeath View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 11:06am

Originally posted by StradeGirl StradeGirl wrote:

Quins match has been postponed on Wednesday. I twill now be played on New years day.

Really?

Glad to see the official site is keeping us informed.

Edited by Chesswithdeath
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 1:16pm

The semi-pro's have got a big game at home Saturday to Cross Keys who are flying high in confidence having just beaten Newport on the weekend, so lets have a big attendance there Saturday to cheer them on. Because at the moment they are playing with a lot more passion and calon to what the FULL TIME PRO'S are playing with!

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 8:12pm
i think that the usual crowd will be there and hopefully some newbies as well.

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 10:04am
Seems to be a lot of apathy towards the semi pro team(s) from `scarlets` supporters. I know at least half a dozen who don't bother cos they think its a waste of time and is a very low standard. They needed to be there yesterday to change their minds !!! I really thought that we would have a few thousand there yesterday
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 5:11pm
What I like about the Welsh league is that it provides an oppotunity to visit some of the grounds which we wouldn't have visited under the old structure.
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 9:59pm
totally agree,to sample the food and drink available and to be at clubs where camaradere is everything makes for an enjoyable day out.a win as well is also a great help.bet the teams who hammered us last season are not looking forward to our visits this season.well done the boys.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic