Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

objectors proposals!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 6:11pm
i`m not saying yo are less of a supporter pimp, i`ve got respect for how much it would cost to get to a game from london.
Sponsored Links

Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Originally posted by unllygeidiog unllygeidiog wrote:

I don't know if you can verify that statement categorically, particularly before the stadium is built. Maybe Stradey Park didn't initially have that People's Park factor.

Essence means having "an indispensable quality or element", all that makes a thing what it is. It comes with time and history and has very little to do with actual supporters. Pemberton may acquire it, but not for many, many years IMO.

HOW MANY GAMES PER SEASON DO YOU GET HOME FROM LONDON FOR PIMP?

Does it matter? Does it make me any less of a supporter?

it gives you less craedibilty when you bang on about "the atmosphere at stradey" when you are hardly ever there to make such a claim. i`m asking, you have now waffled. please give us a ball park figure? how many games did you visit stradey for last season to come to a conclusion about how atmospheric it is?

Sorry Speedy, but living in London also, I find it very difficult to take a day off work, so I can drive to Stradey on a Friday night. or stay late on a Sunday evening to watch a lot of games. I don't think it makes me less of a supporter.

Just because I don't go to as many games at Stradey as I used to, doesn't mean I don't know what the atmopspher there is like.

Edited by Gary Coleman
westwalesdragon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westwalesdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 6:23pm

It definitely doesn't make you guys less of a supporter. I dont think the amount of games you travel to has anything to do with this argument.

The fact is we HAVE to move and the ONLY way to survive is to sell Stradey to help fund the stadium and our future.

We should definitely have taken more care of Stradey, but as it stands, the land at Stradey CANNOT accomodate the new stadium, retail park, Hotels, Bars and other attractions.

The surrounding roads will have to be looked at and improved if a new residential site is to be constructed, and I'm sure that any ideas for local schools, roads, transport etc will be listened to. (At least I hope they will as I live near the area)

WestWalesDragon

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 7:35pm

ok read huw evans letter, its on this site. do you still think he stands to make a fortune out of the sale of stradey? they said stradey would never have the essense of peoples park! may i point out the general opinion about stradey put over on sky tv when we played northapton at home a few years ago, by barnes and morris, long before the new stadium was mentioned. it went something about the place falling apart with cobwebs in the stand, and the place not being as intimidating as it used to be.

So is a ground intimidating or the crowd that is inside? I have to say, I don`t remember B& M saying it was falling apart, although I do remember old Stuey boy saying that GJ was a negative coach.

tell me something pimp, being as you think i`m such a stradey basher, where is YOUR season ticket in this last season at stradey?

I don`t buy a season ticket any more because work and home life dictates what games I can attend. As I remember I saw 7 or 8 home games last season. Including petrol and expenses, those games cost me in the region of £1,000, which is considerably more than a season ticket

and its increasingly difficult to attract people to a ground when potential fans don`t know where in stradey it is!!!

Well if they don`t know after 100 years they`ll never know will they; there again they can always ask for directions in Speedys magical chip shop ( is it like Mr. Bens ).

the reason they don`t know exactly where in stradey it is is because its tucked away out of sight. these are not my opinions, but those of residents i spoke to in brynawelon.

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 7:37pm
i`ve never said it makes you less of a supporter boys. all i was trying to explain was that coming down for the odd game doesnt give you the full picture. of what the players have to go through throughout the week training in substandard facilities.
welshwizzard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welshwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by unllygeidiog unllygeidiog wrote:

Its funny how nobody critisised Stradey before the talk of the new stadium, and now people just want to [beep] it off all the time. Perhaps if its custodians had invested regularly over the years and kept up its maintenace and repair, then it wouldn`t get such bad press. My thoughts have always been if you don`t value what you already have, why should you be given a new one.

As I said, say what you want about moving to Pemberton, but lets not bring in the "[beep] state" of Stradey because it will always lead to accusations of mismanagement. As a new build, Pemberton may provide better facilities but it will never have the heart and essence of Stradey, never, never, never! 

As for "Huw Evans` letter" I`m afraid I don`t know what your talking about. What I do know is that if you go back through my posts, I`ve been there or there abouts with most of my "rumours", especially in respect of the new stadium where I`ve been practically spot on from day one.

I don't know if you can verify that statement categorically, particularly before the stadium is built. Maybe Stradey Park didn't initially have that People's Park factor.

Watching rugby at Stradey has always been a personal experience for all of us, not only in terms of the great matches down the years, but also because of the and experiences with family and friends  that we've shared. I don't think those memories will disappear at the new stadium, because, as long as the home team is wearing scarlet, it will always carry Stradey park, and the associated history, with it.

Lets not forget that the Scarlets experience is as much about the people who support the team and create the experience that many felt at Stradey. The people will still be there. 

Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 9:52pm
Why don't we get back to the topic? We live in the 21st century and Stradey lies firmly in the last century and a new stadium is required by the club so that we can move forward and fulfill our destiny.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic