Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > ARE YOU BLIND REF.... OR ARE WE WRONG ???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What happened next ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened next ?
    Posted: 20 October 2006 at 1:19pm

Happened last week in a game between Bont 2nds and Moristion 2nds.

Black attacking ball on the half way.

Green tackle and turn the ball over.

Green outside half throws a pass that goes forward in front of the green centre and bouncing back between green centre and green winger.

Black winger comes in to pick up ball, but gets tackled without ball, as he hits the floor his hand knocks the ball forward.

Ball bounces towards on coming green full back (around the greens 10 meter line from half way) who shunts the ball straight into touch about 10 meters inside blacks half.

What happens next ????

Sponsored Links

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 2:41pm
Ref blows up motioning the forward pass by green but knowing some refs he gives the throw in to green
Through Thick And Thin!
Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 7:14pm
Penalty to Black?  First offence is Green knock on, but the advantage is in the form of the tackle on the player without the ball. Advantage can't be played from that due to the 
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2006 at 8:08pm

Originally posted by Nikostratos Nikostratos wrote:

Penalty to Black?  First offence is Green knock on, but the advantage is in the form of the tackle on the player without the ball. Advantage can't be played from that due to the 

Where's the rest of it....

Nikostratos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikostratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 2:46am
Did I post that?  I didn't mean to .
Anyway,  ... advantage can't be played from the penalty offence because of the Black knock on.  That's assuming the ref sees/gives the penalty for the off the ball tackle.  If not,  it should be a Black scrum as no advantage has acrued from the first knock on.

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 8:11pm
First offence green knock on, so scrum to black. Ref who has no assistance at this level probably gave a Black lineout. 
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 8:54pm

Answer is ......

Green Lineout where the ball went out of play ....

Confused, so where we. espically when yours truely was the black winger.

Linesman reckoned, that a black hand touched the ball in flight.

Believe me at the distance I was from the kicked and the force used on the kick, I would have bust my hand if I touched it.

No other black player was near the area.

The other offences were not seen by the ref.

Couldn't argue as he sent off (yellow) their captain for asking a question 15 minutes earlier and didn't want the same punishment.

When a teammate on the sideline quired the linesman about it, as a fan would do, the linesman told him to "shut it, or i'll kick your head in"

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 8:55am
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

Answer is ......

Green Lineout where the ball went out of play ....

Confused, so where we. espically when yours truely was the black winger.

Linesman reckoned, that a black hand touched the ball in flight.

Believe me at the distance I was from the kicked and the force used on the kick, I would have bust my hand if I touched it.

No other black player was near the area.

The other offences were not seen by the ref.

Couldn't argue as he sent off (yellow) their captain for asking a question 15 minutes earlier and didn't want the same punishment.

When a teammate on the sideline quired the linesman about it, as a fan would do, the linesman told him to "shut it, or i'll kick your head in"

At District level, Touch Judges can ONLY rule on touch issues, not on penalties or foul play. Where was the Touch Judge from ??? Was he from Morriston RFC ?

The correct version shoud have been. as Nikostratos posted.

1st offence (technical) - Green knock on - advantage Black

2nd offence (foul play) - Black tackled without ball. As no advantage gained in open play from knock on, play is stopped at this point. The Penalty is deemed to be the "Advantage" gained from the knock on.

PENALTY BLACK... (& Red card for the Touch Judge for violent conduct & the club supplying the TJ reported to the WRU disciplinary comittee)

Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic