Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > ARE YOU BLIND REF.... OR ARE WE WRONG ???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glasgow v Edinburgh- 38 minute 1st half

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glasgow v Edinburgh- 38 minute 1st half
    Posted: 30 December 2017 at 5:03pm
After 38 minutes of play a fire alarm went off and the ground was evacuated for about half an hour. When play restarted they went straight into the second half. So the final two minutes of the first half have not been played.

Is this legal? And if it is, how much game time can just vanish under such circumstances? 
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

After 38 minutes of play a fire alarm went off and the ground was evacuated for about half an hour. When play restarted they went straight into the second half. So the final two minutes of the first half have not been played.

Is this legal? And if it is, how much game time can just vanish under such circumstances? 

No idea - it's an interesting question, and would be even more so if it had been close - with Glasgow winning 17-0, the couple of minutes lost would not have made any difference to the result. (I'm a bit surprised that they didn't simply add on the time lost to the second half, as it would not have made that half much longer... they add time on in cricket when lost to rain.)
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 7:56pm
It would have been a common sense issue. Would you seriously expect players to warm up for two minutes play before another 20 minute break ? This decision would have been made in full consultation with both team coaches & staff.
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 11:34am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

It would have been a common sense issue. Would you seriously expect players to warm up for two minutes play before another 20 minute break ? This decision would have been made in full consultation with both team coaches & staff.

I'm surprised they didn't play the remaining two minutes of the first half and turn straight round into the second half or does there have to be a break between the two halves? I understand the consultation bit but if there had been 15 minutes left of the first half, I presume they would have played those 15 minutes. Where's the time limit on the common sense consultation with the coaches? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic