Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hadleigh Parkes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 8:37am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by theflier theflier wrote:

All of which doesn't change the fact he's not nearly Welsh

He is a top guy who has earned this success by playing great,consistent,reliable rugby. He came to play for his old coach not to manipulate a Wales cap. It’s been earned on merit, totally within the law of the game.

He has also brought credit upon the Scarlets for his success along with the other Scarlets.I am delighted for him personally in the world of professional rugby.

He's certainly more deserving than Anscombe, Hadleigh earned his place in the team, Anscombe parachuted in cos of a Welsh grandparent regardless of form.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 9:10pm

He is a top guy who has earned this success by playing great,consistent,reliable rugby. He came to play for his old coach not to manipulate a Wales cap. It’s been earned on merit, totally within the law of the game.

He has also brought credit upon the Scarlets for his success along with the other Scarlets.I am delighted for him personally in the world of professional rugby.
For accuracy, quality and quantity of words used to express these sentiments is optimal use of the language and to be applauded.

Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 9:35am
How many of the current six nations squads are not qualified for that country by birth? A massive amount. Wales shouldn't created rulings that put us at a disadvantage.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
theflier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theflier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 11:02am
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

He's certainly more deserving than Anscombe, Hadleigh earned his place in the team, Anscombe parachuted in cos of a Welsh grandparent regardless of form.

I have no gripe, I think Hadleigh is a fine player, were he 10% faster he'd be sublime, and as far as I'm concerned any player willing to play their rugby in Wales(Parkes, Anscombe etc) is more deserving of a cap than those who jump ship(priestland, etc). I was just waiting for this post, says it all, its harder to discriminate when its one of your own, one rule for one, another for another. And its his mother, not a grandparent, lad is half welsh.
randelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 11:38am
What are people talking about here.
HP is a very good player who has stepped up to every level.
When dropped for Bath away game and reinstated after injuries he proved a point.

If looking down mercenary front I have loads of blacks family working in London much like I did so what's the issue.

To me should have been club captain last year.
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 11:53am
Originally posted by randelan randelan wrote:

What are people talking about here.
HP is a very good player who has stepped up to every level.
When dropped for Bath away game and reinstated after injuries he proved a point.

If looking down mercenary front I have loads of blacks family working in London much like I did so what's the issue.

To me should have been club captain last year.
What are blacks family?
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 12:01pm

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

I have no gripe, I think Hadleigh is a fine player, were he 10% faster he'd be sublime, and as far as I'm concerned any player willing to play their rugby in Wales(Parkes, Anscombe etc) is more deserving of a cap than those who jump ship(priestland, etc). I was just waiting for this post, says it all, its harder to discriminate when its one of your own, one rule for one, another for another. And its his mother, not a grandparent, lad is half welsh.
God you don't half post some nonsense. Not that its a measure of how deserving you should be of a cap (especially as Priestland is far better than Anscombe) but Priestland played more years of Welsh rugby (9) than Parkes and Anscombe combined. 
Anscombe has started about 5/6 games at 10 this year- two losses to the worst Ospreys side in years and a nilling by Sale in these.

Anyway thanks for derailing a thread celebrating a fine player and acquisition.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic