Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hadleigh Parkes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hadleigh Parkes
    Posted: 05 April 2020 at 5:11pm
Reports in toilet times(wales online) that hadleigh is off to kobe in japan,i wonder who we have lined up to replace him now that baldwin is off to Exeter.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 5:53pm
Is he Still in contract?
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 6:21pm
On the same paper, there’s talk that Tompkins isn’t going to the blues after all, could there be something going on?
Captain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 6:39pm
They lifted both stories from the rugby paper 
crj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 6:57pm
Best years are behind him now unfortunately, either with Wales or recovering from team Wales.

Would like to see Owen Williams back at some point. If we lose Halfpenny he provides another kicking option also.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 7:28pm
We must keep Leigh - he’s one of the very few that has still got it on the wrong side of 30. He’s worth his weight in gold - in my opinion 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

We must keep Leigh - he’s one of the very few that has still got it on the wrong side of 30. He’s worth his weight in gold - in my opinion 
I couldn’t agree more, especially if he was to call time on his international career.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 8:20pm
Hopefully there's no sign of Leigh leaving, but even if he did, we'd have enough goal-kickers in the squad that we wouldn't need a signing based on that skill. If Parkes decides to leave, we could really use Tompkins, even for a one season loan cameo, while we develop or sign the new generation of Scarlets centres. A tight-head and ball-carrying back rower would still be my top priorities.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 8:26pm
Yes indeed. We’ve got that Fijian back rower from Leicester. Let’s try and get carre. Cardiff are supposed to be skint but are signing like hell
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

Yes indeed. We’ve got that Fijian back rower from Leicester. Let’s try and get carre. Cardiff are supposed to be skint but are signing like hell
Carre has signed for Cardiff. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 8:56pm
Carre is a loose head anyway, we are well blessed there. 

Edited by turkishrebel - 05 April 2020 at 8:57pm
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 10:26pm
According to Ruck, we are talking to Joe Thomas, the Leicester Tigers centre and look to be signing the Fijian n8 from them as well.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

According to Ruck, we are talking to Joe Thomas, the Leicester Tigers centre and look to be signing the Fijian n8 from them as well.
No according the Rugby Paper. Ruck is an awful site 

Edited by scarletnut - 05 April 2020 at 10:49pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2020 at 11:08pm
I wouldnt write Hadleigh off just yet. Clearly battered and shattered this season. But after a long rest he could have a very good year left in him. He has been a diamond for us and if he wants to stay I'll be pleased. 
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2020 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

I wouldnt write Hadleigh off just yet. Clearly battered and shattered this season. But after a long rest he could have a very good year left in him. He has been a diamond for us and if he wants to stay I'll be pleased. 
Absolutely.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2020 at 8:55am
Our best signing from when Wayne took over so that’s about 5-6 years . We and Wales have done well out of HP and likewise he of us. It’s been a great relationship.Hope he stays but I have no issues if he wants a career finale on big wages and new life experiences in Japan. 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic