Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halfpenny is a Scarlet - Official

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 4:15pm
Any chance we can change the thread title to 'Halfpenny is a Full Back'??
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Any chance we can change the thread title to 'Halfpenny is a Full Back'??
any chance we can change it to "not 100% sure but does anyone else think speedy ain't too happy"Big smile
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 7:36pm
Speedy has been a great supporter of the Scarlets over the years and I will never forget him getting on the team bus in Toulouse after our great victory. We are all supporters at the end of the day with different views. I for one hope to see Speedy at the Parc this season.    

Edited by LLANDRE - 08 August 2017 at 7:37pm
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 10:35pm
My ASM mates in France have told me that as far as they are concerned the signing of Pence has made us the top team in Wales. They are looking forward to beating us in Bilbao in May.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2017 at 11:24pm
Some people have too much love for a sports brand that IMO would not provide enough financial support to the region. Just because we had a great shirt over a quarter of a century ago, does not mean we would be in the same place now.

I actually like our current shirts, my only gripe is the lack of sponsor and not having the gold badge. just because it doesn't have 3 stripes on the shoulder.....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 8:32am
It's not difficult for me to put a lens on how these guys play out.

With the likes of Adidas and Nike, they've lost millions in chosing individuals and teams that have courted controversy...they now put so many trap doors in place in any deal that effectively you end up paying them. They have also limited their involvement in rugby. Don't see any compelling reason to crave their involvement.

UA, Burrda and Macron are committed to the sport of rugby union and are independents. My only call out is signing a 5 year deal with anyone in this sector is a risk, and although it may look like it works on paper, the risk of Mwcron being ' bought' are quite high..they have a decent and growing portfolio, but are relatively small in comparison..

The likes of Kukri, Canerbury, Kooga etc were my brands of choice in years gone by, but through a series of mergers and acquisitions are now just a mirage of a brand for me...trading on past glories from a 3rd floor office in Hemel Hempsread or some such place...with zero assets or unique selling points.

We really dodged the bullet with BLK for example. More by luck than judgement.

Edited by Wil Chips - 09 August 2017 at 8:34am
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 9:48am
Surely the quality and look of the garments ,allied to price, should be the main factor for us as consumers, rather than whether it has a specific brand badge on the right hand front, the only badge that matters to me is the one on the left that displays our support of the club. 

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 10:02am
I agree, the commercial element is key to the club though.
Noticed the O's have been left with a bad debt from the BLK deal, regardless of how the kit looked or fitted.
Freddy The Turk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddy The Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 4:05pm
Although I was a bit apprehensive about Burrda. The gear produced soon won me over. Some of the kits were the best we've had for years (apart from the brown efforts), the gear was always great quality and innovative. Big plus was the price always seemed reasonable. At the moment the big downer on the Macron stuff are the prices (£60 for a hoodie 🤔) and the fact an awful lot of the gear look like bog standard off the shelf efforts rather than custom made Scarlets gear. Hopefully this will change as some of the Scottish stuff looks fantastic. On another note I've had a few adidas kits lately of teams where the quality has quite frankly been absolute dogpoo
Serenity now. Serenity now.

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Freddy The Turk Freddy The Turk wrote:

Although I was a bit apprehensive about Burrda. The gear produced soon won me over. Some of the kits were the best we've had for years (apart from the brown efforts), the gear was always great quality and innovative. Big plus was the price always seemed reasonable. At the moment the big downer on the Macron stuff are the prices (£60 for a hoodie 🤔) and the fact an awful lot of the gear look like bog standard off the shelf efforts rather than custom made Scarlets gear. Hopefully this will change as some of the Scottish stuff looks fantastic. On another note I've had a few adidas kits lately of teams where the quality has quite frankly been absolute dogpoo

totally disagree. my Burrda top has all the transfers coming off. The dyfed steel transfer is peeling off, the Burrda badge is completely off and the Worthington badge has transferred over itself when it was folded over.

The black cotton jersey however is still going strong.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 7:42pm
Jesus primark will be opening soon that'll stick an extra 10 pages on this thread
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 8:24pm
so we can't talk about our kits on here any longer then no?
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2017 at 11:10pm
Of course you can talk about kits.  Ideally in a thread about kits - there is a good one on the go as we speak.

Lets keep the 'Halfpenny is a Scarlet' thread all about well er Halfpenny being a Sacrlet. Wink

I lost the will to read this thread once it went so badly off the rails.   

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Freddy The Turk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Freddy The Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 12:32am
Agreed this needs to go back to Halfpenny discussion. Been away and just been catching up with Scarletfever. After reading the last few pages I must have forgot it was a Halfpenny thread and not a kit one. Anyway...Halfpenny...most important and impressive signing....ever (was going to say the last 30 years but no one comes close)
Serenity now. Serenity now.

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 7:47am

Agreed this needs to go back to Halfpenny discussion. Been away and just been catching up with Scarletfever. After reading the last few pages I must have forgot it was a Halfpenny thread and not a kit one. Anyway...Halfpenny...most important and impressive signing....ever (was going to say the last 30 years but no one comes close)
Yes, good post mate.

It seems strange thinking back to last season when he showed up in a Toulon shirt.  Who would have thought back then that the next time we saw him in Llanelli it would be in a Scarlets shirt.  There's something quite surreal about that.  Then again there's been something surreal about the Scarlets for quite some time now.

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2017 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Yes, good post mate.

It seems strange thinking back to last season when he showed up in a Toulon shirt.  Who would have thought back then that the next time we saw him in Llanelli it would be in a Scarlets shirt.  There's something quite surreal about that.  Then again there's been something surreal about the Scarlets for quite some time now.

Which shirt do you think suits him best? Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>
  Share Topic