Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halfpenny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2017 at 11:02am

there would be no player more annoyed with himself than halpenny, I can ensure you that he will be putting extra practice off the kicking tee. he is a true professional. I honestly cant fathom the need of people to criticise. an act of foul play or stupidity deserves criticism, however a missed kick is not through a lack of effort. Just the same as the silly interception pass that aled threw for the first try, though not intended was probably avoidable, and hopefully aled will have learned that at the higher level, players are a yard quicker and so the mind needs to be 2 yards quicker. Im not blaming aled, just as I don't blame lee for missing a kick. A point in Toulon is a point gained and the match showed that we truly deserve to be held in the same bracket as such teams. Friday is the make or break game, take 4 or 5 points from bath then we are well and truly in the hunt. Lets all get behind the team and create a great atmosphere on Friday. If we could bottle the atmosphere created by our away support in Toulon and inject it into the majority attending Friday then the ground will be electric. The players put in every ounce, let us the supporters do the same in support.

everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2017 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Originally posted by TheKing TheKing wrote:

Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Can i suggest not taking the bait that The King is fishing with.

Damn me baiting my line with those pesky facts! Don't be so precious ffs.

Opinions are not necessarily the same as  facts, as demonstrated by your opinion of Halfpenny. The fact is he scored fifteen points. Quite simple for most people to understand really.

I do not get riled by any supporter expressing an opinion. However there are some on this forum - a limited few thankfully - who try to demean individual players. They tend not to let facts get in the way. I have supported this great team for more years than I care to remember & I can't remember a competitive game which I have seen either live or on TV where each player hasn't tried to honour the shirt.

Many have had poor games - too many to mention; many have made stupid decisions which have cost us games - again too many to mention. However deliberately targeting individual players either because of certain connections - Scott or because they are very high profile Halfpenny or indeed young players trying to make their way in the game - Steff Hughes & Ioan Nicholas spring to mind is out of order in my opinion. 

Quite so - players aren't robots. And they do their best, even if we may feel that it isn't always, quite good enough. A few years ago, some seemed determined to carry out a vendetta against Gareth Bowen, presumably because it was felt he wasn't up to Scarlets standards - my point then was that he was our best 10 at the time, and that it served no purpose whatsoever to undermine his confidence on the forum.

I feel the same way now about any player who is doing his best. Of course, it's fair enough to say that 'I'd prefer player X than player Y'... no problem at all with that.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic