Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halfpenny

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halfpenny
    Posted: 16 July 2020 at 11:33am
Did I miss it or is he still to re-sign? 
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 12:05pm
He is training down PYS so we can assume he has re-signed. Only this week we heard about kalamafoni and Johnny Williams
Sure we will be fed info on player retention and any further signings next few weeks
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 6:35pm
If we have any players in the 38 it will be announced soon enough.

I don't think any of the big names across the regions have had announcements of their deals. That doesnt mean they aren't tied up. With the agreement the wru dragons have broken it may just be everyone thought it best not to announce with some losing work etc. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2020 at 6:49pm
The Scarlets have already announced everyone who has left the club.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2020 at 3:27am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

That's a fair point. So 6 years at the Blues, 3 in Toulon and probably 5 or 6 with us.

Edited by ScarletBear - 17 July 2020 at 3:28am
Scarlets before Wales
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 12:30pm

Which be default means that Leigh is staying. I just wonder why the club seems to play cloak and dagger so much. Exeter announced 30 players with new contracts, Wasps 15 etc. Will we ever just bang out such positive news? If nothing else its a statement of intent.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2020 at 12:58pm
think the scarlets like drip feeding good news. we have been slower and more methodical (being kind) in announcing info. 
think its an effort to spread out more good news over a longer period to try and entice fans/supporters/sponsors
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2020 at 10:07am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Which be default means that Leigh is staying. I just wonder why the club seems to play cloak and dagger so much. Exeter announced 30 players with new contracts, Wasps 15 etc. Will we ever just bang out such positive news? If nothing else its a statement of intent.

this ^^^ClapClap

totally agree just announce it
Superscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2020 at 11:35pm
Why we've taken so long is anyone's guess. I think we'll be wanting in some positions but that's only my view
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 8:11am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

this ^^^ClapClap

Well there is that view, but......

The 'Tnewsday Signings' thread s over 190 pages long; one of the most visited and talked about thread on this forum, which to me suggests that a strategic aproach to announcements might have been good from a marketing point of view.  

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 23 July 2020 at 8:11am
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

this ^^^ClapClap

The 'Tnewsday Signings' thread s over 190 pages long; one of the most visited and talked about thread on this forum, which to me suggests that a strategic aproach to announcements might have been good from a marketing point of view.  

Or just tell us he's staying mun!
End the lies.
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

this ^^^ClapClap

Or just tell us he's staying mun!
Said in a Bob Geldof 'give us the f...... money' sort of a way. Smile
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 10:30am
They told us ages back Halfpenny was staying
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2020 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

think the scarlets like drip feeding good news. we have been slower and more methodical (being kind) in announcing info. 
think its an effort to spread out more good news over a longer period to try and entice fans/supporters/sponsors
I don't think the website would handle too many words at once, not much goes up on there as it is.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 12:09am

this ^^^ClapClap

Well most of it is complaining.
Scarlets before Wales
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2020 at 8:28am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

this ^^^ClapClap

Well most of it is complaining.
You say that as if it's a bad thing. Smile

There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic