Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heineken Champions Cup 2018-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by CTMassive CTMassive wrote:

Hard to call yet as there are draws for 2 of 3 places in tier 1. Worst case scenario, if we lose the Final (sorry!) And lose the draw with R92 and Exeter for the 4th and 5th places in Tier 1 then we go into Tier 2 ........ which gives a possible scenario of Saracen (or Exeter), Scarlets, Toulouse and Toulon!

Toulouse are a long way back from what they used to be, and Toulon aren't the force they were either. 
I actually fancy Exeter to beat Sarries, but we'll see.

I agree, Toulon would be fine and is my favourite away trip. I'd prefer to get Sarries than Exeter, and the one to have for a bit of good fun is Newcastle. Great night out!
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by CTMassive CTMassive wrote:

Hard to call yet as there are draws for 2 of 3 places in tier 1. Worst case scenario, if we lose the Final (sorry!) And lose the draw with R92 and Exeter for the 4th and 5th places in Tier 1 then we go into Tier 2 ........ which gives a possible scenario of Saracen (or Exeter), Scarlets, Toulouse and Toulon!

Toulouse are a long way back from what they used to be, and Toulon aren't the force they were either. 
I actually fancy Exeter to beat Sarries, but we'll see.

I agree, Toulon would be fine and is my favourite away trip. I'd prefer to get Sarries than Exeter, and the one to have for a bit of good fun is Newcastle. Great night out!
the welcome in Exeter is superb.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 11:31am
Unless i'm mistaken, I think this shows the potential pools we can be drawn in.

You can add any of the tier 4 teams to each of these except Cardiff Blues who I don't think we can draw under any circumstance (?)
Note that the second line of 2ND TIER is the same as the first 4 in TOP TIER but just with us and other 2nd place teams reversed. 

There are only 15 pool possibilities for us in the top 3 tiers, add any 1 of 4 teams in tier 4 and 60 total possibilities. I'm not writing them all out LOL.

Edited by minded - 31 May 2018 at 11:46am
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 11:35am
Top work Mr Minded

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 11:55am
Best case- Newcastle, Lyon, Ulster ?
Worst case- Saracens, us, Toulouse, Toulon ?

EDIT: Thanks for the effort Minded.

Edited by SospanMawr - 31 May 2018 at 11:56am
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Best case- Newcastle, Lyon, Ulster ?
Would prefer Bath or Gloucester instead of Ulster, at least from a spending point of view.
Turkpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 3:36pm
Went to Lyon for the Euros semi-final. The North of the city has an area full of alleyways packed with great bars and restaurants.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 9:04am
EPCR is delighted to announce that Heineken is to return as the title partner of the European Rugby Champions Cup from the 2018/19 season. The four-year deal will see the tournament renamed as the Heineken Champions Cup while at the same time maintaining its global recognition as The One to Win in club rugby with the world’s leading international premium beer brand as its main official partner.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 11:42am
Happy days glad to see it return to the cup name.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 1:43pm
Some people never stopped calling it the Heineken.

Then again, Martyn Williams still occasionally calls the Guinness PRO14 'the Rabo'. Confused

#HCup

Twitterer @ebenezer68
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 2:05pm
I think Heineken pulled out because the French brought in a law preventing drinks firms from sponsoring sporting events - for the same reason, F1 teams have to cover up any drink-related ads on their cars - but I'm not 100% sure that was the reason - maybe a part of it, though?
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 4:08pm
Can we bring back the Schweppes cup now please?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 4:20pm

I think Heineken pulled out because the French brought in a law preventing drinks firms from sponsoring sporting events - for the same reason, F1 teams have to cover up any drink-related ads on their cars - but I'm not 100% sure that was the reason - maybe a part of it, though?

I thought that too, which was why Wales had 'Brawn' instead of 'Brains' on their shirts when we played over there.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 6:25pm
Any sponsor for the Challenge Cup comp?
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I thought that too, which was why Wales had 'Brawn' instead of 'Brains' on their shirts when we played over there.

And we had the 'smoothly does it' away shirt as we had Tetley as our sponsor
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 8:25pm

No but they did call it the H Cup in France because if that issue. What happened as I remember it is that with the new competition 4 years ago or whatever, they decided to do what football do and just call it the Champions Cup and have a number of major sponsors rather than one title (name) sponsor but this news indicates that wasn't very successful. Seems good news. If only Heineken tasted half decent! I guess that's why they need so much advertising.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic