Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

home quarter final

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

got a feeling we may be the earlier game on the Saturday.

I know it isn't much to go on but the ERCC website has them listed as

QF4 Clermont v Racing
QF1 Leinster v Saracens
QF3 Munster v Toulon
QF4 Scarlets v La Rochelle

Just an observation that the Home Teams are in alphabetical order ! ConfusedWink

This is a good point LOLLOL
Sponsored Links

Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

Thanks for the info - personally I hope that they stage it over two days again, but TV companies will do anything to get an audience over four days if they can.   

BT Sport and Sky Sports will show two quarter finals each so hopefully they can agree time slots to have them over 2 days

The new deal will hopefully make it more straight forward from next season and perhaps we could have fixtures set in stone earlier in the season to help with travel

"BT Sport will become the undisputed home of European rugby after winning exclusive rights to the European Rugby Champions Cup and the European Rugby Challenge Cup in the UK and Ireland. 

The new deal, which starts at the beginning of the 2018/19 season, will see BT Sport become the sole broadcaster for all of the best European club rugby matches until at least the end of the 2021/22 campaign."

Edited by Beefs army - 22 January 2018 at 1:52pm
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 2:33pm
The last few seasons theres been 2 on the Saturday and 2 on the Sunday.

Bt Sports slots have been 3.15pm on the Saturday and 1pm on Sunday

Sky has had the 5.30/5.45pm slot on the Saturday and the 3.15pm on the Sunday.

Based on previous seasons I think BT will pick Leinster vs Saracens and Scarlets vs La Rochelle.

Ive got a feeling we could be the Sunday game at 1pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 3:24pm
I know someone mentioned ticket details will be released today (am sure I read that) but does anyone actually have an idea as to when the date & time of the QF will be announced?
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 3:35pm

I know someone mentioned ticket details will be released today (am sure I read that) but does anyone actually have an idea as to when the date & time of the QF will be announced?

Sometime later this week I read somewhere.
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 3:46pm
BT Sport and Sky Sports will show two quarter finals each so hopefully they can agree time slots to have them over 2 days [/QUOTE]

There are, I think, six broadcast partners involved here, all of whom have a say in the timings so it may not be as straightforward as we hope. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

Sometime later this week I read somewhere.

Cheers fella, here's hoping for a decent kick off time.
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 5:33pm
  It says the semi final will be played in the country of t he higher ranked team.  I take it that means if Sarries beat Leinster and we beat La Rochelle our semi final will be in Wales.
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Provisionally booked the weekend of the quarters, semi and final off. 🤭

I've gone one step further and booked the hotel in Dublin for our semi... Flexible booking of course
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Provisionally booked the weekend of the quarters, semi and final off. 🤭

I've gone one step further and booked the hotel in Dublin for our semi... Flexible booking of course

Same.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by cymraes cymraes wrote:

It says the semi final will be played in the country of t he higher ranked team.  I take it that means if Sarries beat Leinster and we beat La Rochelle our semi final will be in Wales.

These appear to be the official rules to determine home nation advantage for the semi-finals:

QF1 Leinster (1) Saracens (8)
QF2 Scarlets (4) La Rochelle (5)
QF3 Munster (3) Toulon (6)
QF4 Clermont (2) Racing (7)

SF1: QF1 winner v QF2.
SF2: QF3 winner v QF4

(a) For Semi-final 1

If the clubs ranked 1 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 1 will have home country

If the clubs ranked 1 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 8 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

(b) For Semi-final 2

If the clubs ranked 3 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 2 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 3 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 7 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage

It's not always the higher ranked team are home, as we (4) would play Saracens (8) away, for whatever reason.

La Rochelle would definitely have home advantage yet we are guaranteed not to, despite us finishing higher. Munster (3) will have to go to France for either Clermont (2) or Racing (7). It's a bit odd really.

Edited by dr_martinov - 22 January 2018 at 7:23pm
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by cymraes cymraes wrote:

We are away whatever happens. Either in Ireladn or England. I was actually rooting for being seeded 5th as I think it would have been easier for us.
Scarlets before Wales
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 7:55pm
Hoping for a win obviously and then an away semi in London v Sarries would be the best for our fans hopes of making the game. Dublin is far harder to plan and far more expensive.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 8:13pm
Spot on there Speedy.
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 8:34pm
Reading are playing away on SF weekend... Madejski would be ideal. Saracens played their SF there in 2016...
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Reading are playing away on SF weekend... Madejski would be ideal. Saracens played their SF there in 2016...

I was about to say its a great venue for us as i cant tremember ever losing there....then i remembered saints, and that last minute kick.Ouch

Well time to bury those ghosts once and for all.

Maybe next season we can defend the trophy by 

winning by a last gasp drop goal that goes off Ben morgans arse
then up to the city ground Nottingham where HP kicks from the halfway to pingpong of every post in the stadium to deny the tiggers.

We really do need to push on and acheive what Munster did after years of falling just short.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic