Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hottie in S Africa on loan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stelracs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hottie in S Africa on loan
    Posted: 26 June 2006 at 5:45pm

Sorry not much good at doing links!

Hottie Louw joins Blue Bulls

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 16:42
Hottie Louw will be on loan to the Vodacom Blue Bulls from the Llanelli Scarlets for the remainder of the ABSA Currie Cup.

“I have returned to South Africa to compete for a place in the Springbok side and I believe the only way to do this is to play in the Currie Cup,” Louw said. “I would like to be in contention for a place in next year’s World Cup squad, and depending on my inclusion in the Springbok touring squad at the end of this year, will weigh up my options with regards to returning to the UK.”

Louw’s agent, James Adams, confirmed that Louw did not turn his back on Western Province, despite news reports to the contrary. He said that they had in fact been in contact with WP, but that the province did not get back to them with any offers.

Blue Bulls coach Heyneke Meyer said that Louw, who will be joining the Blue Bulls within the next two weeks, will be a huge asset to the province. “We have lost three locks to the Springboks, and Louw’s experience will be invaluable to us. He will also be able to share this experience with the young, talented locks in the province, which will aid their development,” Meyer said. “Hottie is still relatively young and he is now entering his best years as a lock. I believe he still has a role to play at international level.”

function checkblogFields() { missinginfo = ""; if (document.blog.userid.value == "") { missinginfo = "Please sign in first to post a comment on the blog:"; } else if (document.blog.comments.value == "") { missinginfo = "Cannot submit a blank comment"; } if (missinginfo != "") { alert(missinginfo); return false; } else { return true; } }

Edited by stelracs
Sponsored Links

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 5:54pm
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 5:55pm

So Hottie has ambitions to play for the Springboks again!

westwalesdragon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westwalesdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 5:55pm
So does that mean we stop paying his wages for now?
WestWalesDragon

TheMightyCD View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:41pm

Originally posted by westwalesdragon westwalesdragon wrote:

It should mean that,yes.

Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:48pm
I appreciate Hottie didn't set the world alight last year and this may be a good move for him in the short term. However, what sort of break will he get from rugby prior to next season.?This sounds very much like he doesn't figure too highly in our plans, or am I reading to much into this? 
C'mon you Irons
westwalesdragon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westwalesdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 7:20pm
If he does return to us for next season, I think it will do him good to play matches through the summer as he looked sluggish when he arrived here and only improved towards the latter stages of the season.
WestWalesDragon

Dave_B View Drop Down
Don’t turn to the dark side

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Alan Alan wrote:

I appreciate Hottie didn't set the world alight last year and this may be a good move for him in the short term. However, what sort of break will he get from rugby prior to next season.?This sounds very much like he doesn't figure too highly in our plans, or am I reading to much into this? 

My guess is that you are reading it just about right!

If players are called up on  Wales or Lions duty over the summer then thats something that the region has to take on the chin. But to release a player for SA domestic duty? Thats what you call expendable or surplus, IMHO.
laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:12am
He better improve his game Tenfold, if he's gonna get back into The springbok set-up! A long way off that standard at this moment in time.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 7:53am

Originally posted by laura laura wrote:

He better improve his game Tenfold, if he's gonna get back into The springbok set-up! A long way off that standard at this moment in time.

TENFOLD!!!!!!!????????????. Either South African rugby is in crisis or he has a hugely inflated opinion of his own ability that he thinks he can go from semi pro rugby in Wales to the SA 1st XV.

Perhaps one of the first things that Phil Davies needs to do is to put a few egos in check, as it would appear that certain players are not half as good as they obviously think they are.

In Pivac we trust
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 8:04am

So long and goodbye to another passenger who's wages we can hopefully utilise elsewhere. I hope Phil is indeed at the heart of these releases as it shows (imo) that there is indeed a "ruthless" streak that has long been missing from the set up. The players need to know that there are consequences for below par peformances, whether they be lack of effort or just not good enough for regional rugby. Hopefully from now on it'll be form and not personality that dictates a starting place.

We needed a kick up the **** and it looks like we've got one.

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 9:34am
Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

So long and goodbye to another passenger who's wages we can hopefully utilise elsewhere. I hope Phil is indeed at the heart of these releases as it shows (imo) that there is indeed a "ruthless" streak that has long been missing from the set up. The players need to know that there are consequences for below par peformances, whether they be lack of effort or just not good enough for regional rugby. Hopefully from now on it'll be form and not personality that dictates a starting place.

I agree 100% with this, if Phil is indeed behind the move, or encouraged it.
yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 10:09am
Originally posted by westwalesdragon westwalesdragon wrote:

I doubt that they are paying 100% of his wages.

Edited by yedarts
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 5:14pm

Keep taking the 'sensible' pills 6,---They're working!!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

Keep taking the 'sensible' pills 6,---They're working!!

Do you know, I hate being agreed with at times. It goes against the very reason I post on here mun!

What's worse sometimes are certain forum members agreeing with me:)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic