Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howley out, Jones in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2019 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

If the stories doing the rounds are true then he’s a total wrong un and right in the mire. In fact if they are true it could be more than rugby authorities he has to speak to.

Well RR1972 I don't know where you got that from but lets wait & see shall we. I have never been a supporter of Howleys from a coaching perspective but he is innocent until proven guilty. 
allegedly there is a damning was app message going about i’m sure others have seen it.  Apparently It mentions julie patterson  has been in charge of an internal investigation.  Who knows? If it is true and i say if , he is done for but of course he is innocent untill proven guilty 👍
if it's on whats app it's public so would you like to share?

Someone's put it on Reddit.

Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 6:16am
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

If the stories doing the rounds are true then he’s a total wrong un and right in the mire. In fact if they are true it could be more than rugby authorities he has to speak to.

Well RR1972 I don't know where you got that from but lets wait & see shall we. I have never been a supporter of Howleys from a coaching perspective but he is innocent until proven guilty. 
allegedly there is a damning was app message going about i’m sure others have seen it.  Apparently It mentions julie patterson  has been in charge of an internal investigation.  Who knows? If it is true and i say if , he is done for but of course he is innocent untill proven guilty 👍
if it's on whats app it's public so would you like to share?

Someone's put it on Reddit.

thanks
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 10:06am
Surely gatlands law did for webb but if and i strss if any of that is true he is finished in the game

Edited by RR1972 - 19 September 2019 at 10:33am
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 10:38am

Surely gatlands law did for webb but if and i strss if any of that is true he is finished in the game
it's not the sort of market the bookies would price up unless he asked for it before gatlands law was brought in.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 11:46am

it's not the sort of market the bookies would price up unless he asked for it before gatlands law was brought in.

Makes me think it's not genuine. Plus would anyone Welsh put money on England? LOL
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 2:04pm

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

I wouldn’t put any stock into WhatsApp messages, they’re very easy to fake as seen recently.

I’ve heard about 4 different version of events, ranging from a £5 bet whilst drunk to thousands of pounds on a single outcome.

Let’s wait and see if it comes out. If not let’s not gossip.
it's obviously more than a fiver punt,
Of course it is. My point was whenever something like this happens, everyone claims to know what’s going on. Dai who props up the bar has heard one thing whilst Andy through the local team will swear blind it was another.

Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 3:00pm
The worst thing he could have done was to bet on Wales losing a match/matches as he was in a position to influence the result by poor selection/game plan.
It seems daft to have your career ended for betting on a result (Wales winning) that you should be working your boll**ks off to achieve.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Makes me think it's not genuine. Plus would anyone Welsh put money on England? LOL
Didn’t he put a bet on England to win when he was captaining wales LOL
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 6:16pm
We are all guessing the misdemeanour on the back of some pretty dodgy info. Some of us are also missing the point that betting on any rugby related event is against the laws of rugby.

Frankly whether he bet on Wales beating England or vice versa is equally bad and will get the same punishment. To think that Howley has that much power as to influence a Welsh team performance is greatly exaggerating his ability/sphere of influence. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 11:30pm
He may be innocent or guilty to varying degrees , time will tell...But whatever the truth its a sad state of affairs and Wales have now lost their backs coach 3 days before the most anticipated tournament in welsh rugby history

Edited by roy munster - 20 September 2019 at 1:18am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2019 at 11:40pm
But despite this fiasco the rest of the squad must now get their game playing heads on, totally focus on doing their best for Wales. Try to take a positive from a negative. Crazy things happen, ask andy powell, some player or other will break some code of donduct, players lost confidence, form, others get injured all the type in this collision sport etc BUT thats all part of the crazy world of professional sport and pro rugby especially and the game goes on. I hope stephen Jones arrival can be viewed as an opportunity to add  an extra experienced voice in the coaching of the team. Everyone respects him many have played with him and hopefully it may even give us an extra dimension.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 7:11pm
Perhaps the Aussies are searching around through pro 14 and pro 12 tapes. A new attack coach is bound to unnerved future opponents.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Perhaps the Aussies are searching around through pro 14 and pro 12 tapes. A new attack coach is bound to unnerved future opponents.
let's hope they don't study last season scarlets.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2019 at 2:35am
The well executed flat passes reminded me of stephen and neil jinks.....both fine passers of the ball
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2019 at 7:49pm
Anyone heard any further news on Howley?

Hope it's not going to be swept under the carpet. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2019 at 6:45am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Anyone heard any further news on Howley?

Hope it's not going to be swept under the carpet. 

I don't think there's any risk of that - I guess the WRU top brass are out in Japan ATM, and won't deal with Howley until after the tournament - or until after Wales return home, at least.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic