Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I was going to leave this go.......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 11:44am

We need more than ever before  the wisdom of 'Smelly Mike' or his soul mate 'The Oracle' at times of such crisis I feel to lead us on the path of righteousness in the difficult days that await us  until big Joe actually gets his overdue 4 week ban!  Wink

Sponsored Links

Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 11:53am
Originally posted by rap columbo rap columbo wrote:

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by rap columbo rap columbo wrote:

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

As you continue to post threads in Scarlets General, suspension - one week.
waw! really?
I explained why this was moved to be greeted with another thread in Scarlets General titled "OaM - Racist Hypocrite".
a week's ban though? almost condoning racism and hypocrisy that is. Does OAM get a ban?
Wink
#George
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 2:15pm
#PrayForPimp

“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Iesu bach.  All hail the tiresomely stupid. Accused of being a racist by a man who saw little wrong with the event in question. The irony!

P---ey,, chavvy, cheap. Just to be clear, in certain parlance, words used to describe a certain group at the lower end of society who behave in a certain way. In this context, used by me to describe some of the less desirable folk of Newport on the terrace that particular night. The clue is in my comments regarding the nonsense with Lofty.

No reference being made to gypsies, travellers etc.

Further, as I have pointed out on more than one occasion in PM's on here in recent day's to friends and Mods, I'll hold my hands up to being an obnoxious prick at times. But, it better than being a thick **** though.

See you next time you are in Llanelli Pimp Wink

If you really expect people to believe that little more needs to be said.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 3:14pm
To be honest, I'm generally only interested in the opinions of those who know me and have regard for me. If people believe me fine, if not, still fine.

Quite clearly I used said word to describe certain behaviour at Newport. Poor choice of word in some peoples opinion. Fair enough.

But I'm not the one who believes that such language isn't even worthy of a caution and a waste of the judicial systems time. That would be you.

So on that basis, please spare me the moral indignation.

In the meantime, Pimp is on Facebook telling his chums about his ban and that of course Marler is guilty and of course he should have been banned. You couldn't write it could you
#George
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 4:17pm
I've said my piece you are clearly far to clever for me the next attorney general no doubt.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I've said my piece you are clearly far to clever for me the next attorney general no doubt.

See the below, no 2. Look back at my 2010 post, consider the context.

Then read my footer. 

Collins English Dictionary:

person  (ˈpaɪkɪ

Definitions

noun

(British, slang, derogatory)
  1. a gypsy or vagrant
  2. a member of the underclass

Edited by Once a monkey - 18 March 2016 at 4:30pm
#George
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2016 at 4:52pm
I wouldn't normally advise reading the Times but today they've written an absolutely brilliant piece entitled:

"Marler would be banned if rugby had real values".

A passage reads, and is pertinent in the above thread regarding context of a word's use:

We surely agree that he was wrong to use the phrase "Gypsy boy" to Samson Lee during England's defeat of Wales last Saturday.
We should not have needed Shay Clipson founder of the national alliance of gypsy, Traveller and Roma Women to explain why it was unacceptable but she did on BBC Radio 5Live this week, with commendable patience, when a listener asked what was so bad about the word "gypsy".
"There isn't a problem with the word gypsy, there isn't a problem with the word black ", she said. But there is if you use it to define someone and insult them as Marler did with Lee. As she asked, would we really tolerate "black boy" or "gay boy" accompanied by a shove in the chest?"

It's all about context.

Edited by Abbey - 18 March 2016 at 9:22pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2016 at 9:01am
[QUOTE=Abbey]I wouldn't normally advise reading the Times but today they've written an absolutely brilliant piece entitled:

"Marler would be banned if rugby had real values".

A passage reads, and is pertinent in the above thread regarding context of a word's use:

We surely agree that he was wrong to use the phrase "Gypsy boy" to Samson Lee during England's defeat of Wales last Saturday.
We should not have needed Shay Clipson founder of the national alliance of gypsy, Traveller and Roma Women to explain why it was unacceptable but she did on BBC Radio 5Live this week, with commendable patience, when a listener asked what was so bad about the word "gypsy".
"There isn't a problem with the word gypsy, there isn't a problem with the word black ", she said. But there is if you use it to define someone and insult them as Marler did with Lee. As she asked, would we really tolerate "black boy" or "gay boy" accompanied by a shove in the chest?"

It's all about context.

/QUOTE]

Exactly so. Does anyone who is not a member of a minority group wish to dispute this argument? It seems obvious, and unanswerable, to me.

Let's hope World Rugby (whoever they are) can put right the mistake made by the 6N disciplinary committee (whoever they were), and draw a line under this tawdry affair.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2016 at 3:06pm
I think this could well backfire on England and Marler, It should have been a standard ban, slap on the wrist and a lesson in what is deemed acceptable.

The fact it took so long to look into allowed pressure to build and people to become more and more outraged. 

World rugby now has an issue on it's hands, does it agree with the 6 nations committee and lose the moral high-ground we laud over football (baring in mind Suarez had an 8 match ban because he may or may not have racially abused evra even though noone else heard him say it and no camera or microphone footage was ever seen or heard) or do they throw the book at him to uphold rugby's sense of morality.

I get the feeling damage limitation would suggest the latter and Marler could see a ban far longer than would have been needed if the 6 nations committee had been swift in punishment of what is lets face it a situation at the lower end of the scale no doubt, but definately still on the scale.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic