Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Im dreaming of a 2010-2011 Squad?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
scarletwonder View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 April 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 60
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Im dreaming of a 2010-2011 Squad?
    Posted: 21 April 2010 at 2:28pm
1.CeriJones(Harlequins)IestynThomas.PhilJohn.JaimieCorsi.
2.KenOwens.EdShervington(Ospreys)RhysLawrence.
3.RhysThomas.DeaconManu.SimonGardener.
4.LouReed.DamianWelch.
5.GregRawlison(Worcester).DomDay.

6.DafyddJones.ScottMorgan(Blues)AaronShingler.
7.RobMcCusker.SteveTandy(Ospreys).NickCudd.
8.DavidLyons.BenMorgan.JoshTurnbull.

9.TavisKnoyle.GarethDavies(A)AledDavies(A)
10.StephenJones.RhysPriestland.SteveShingler.

11.MarkJones.MorganStoddart.GeorgeNorth(A)
12.JonathanDavies.ScottWilliams(A)
13.ReganKing.NicReynolds
14.SeanLamont.AndyFenby.DaleFord(A)LeeWilliams.
15.DanielEvans.BarryDavies(Ospreys)

Ins-
ScottMorgan(Blues)-Being released,a good solid squad player. Get more game time at the Scarlets.
EdShervington(Ospreys)-Always thought of him as quite a dynamic player,needs work at the lineout. Plus will be 4th choice at Ospreys with MerfinDavies coming in.
SteveTandy(Ospreys)-Apparently released, he is a 7 that we need at the club,experienced.
GregRawlinson(Worcester)-Solid second row who might become available if Worcester are relegated.
BarryDavies(Ospreys)-Surely he is better than a occasional appearance in the LDV Cup for the Ospreys.

Out-MatthewRees-with both Rees and Owens likely to be involved in the Wales squad next season it just seems logical to get rid of one so that we can use the funds for a position of weakness.
MartinRoberts-Scrumhalf is a position that we have really good young players who are just as advanced in their development as Roberts.We are short of funds and he is a player we can afford to lose in my opinion.
RichiePugh.DarrenDaniel.JonathanEdwards-Have all had enough game time to prove themselves at this level.
GarethMaule-Not regional standard and we have two good prospects coming through the Academy at centre.
Retirement-SimonEasterby.

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Port Talbot Massive View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 24 September 2008
Location: PortTalbot/Aber
Status: Offline
Points: 541
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Port Talbot Massive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 2:44pm
arent ceri jones and jamie corsi both tightheads? also seems a bit harsh on gareth maule, he's looked decent to me everytime he's played and id even consider letting regan go after seeing reynolds put in a stirling performance against cardiff last weekend, free up some funds.
Back to Top
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 April 2008
Location: Sunny Pembs
Status: Offline
Points: 13465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 2:58pm
Dump Smiler? Crazy move.
Tandy is no better than Pugh/Eds
Gardiner has made nor progress, and is an unfit penalty machine.
Wouldn't mind Scott Morgan - A realistic target, not too expensive, and fairly experienced
I'd love to get Barry Back - His boot would help us out a lot
Can't see the point of getting rid of Maule - He's a grafter
Supporter of the evil region against the gallant union
Back to Top
scarletwonder View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 April 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 60
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 3:13pm
I know its a crazy move to dump Smiler, but how many games do you see him being involved in next season? And i think the considerable wage he is on is better served on players that will play for the whole season next year.
Tandy is a lot better than Pugh and Edwards. Very unlucky because of the quality of the Ospreys back row.
Gardiner has got the time to develop with a decent forwards coach mind!
Back to Top
McQ View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 16 January 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 1788
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Dump Smiler? Crazy move.
Tandy is no better than Pugh/Eds
Gardiner has made nor progress, and is an unfit penalty machine.
Can't see the point of getting rid of Maule - He's a grafter
 
Agreed.
 
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Wouldn't mind Scott Morgan - A realistic target, not too expensive, and fairly experienced
 
Gwlad rumour is that he's already agreed a move to the Dragons, so looks like we're too late there.
 
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I'd love to get Barry Back - His boot would help us out a lot
 
Agreed.


Edited by McQ - 21 April 2010 at 3:25pm
Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 10389
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 3:55pm
barry back off to france isnlt he? ceri jones is a loose head, why did we let gustavson  and the fll back thomas ? go to the dragons?
 
Back to Top
scarletwonder View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 April 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 60
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 4:08pm
I think its Liam Davies who is on way back to france. gustafson has been brilliant for the dragons. Massive mistake...but the coaches never gave him a chance.
Back to Top
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Don't blink

Joined: 15 August 2004
Location: Pemberton
Status: Offline
Points: 18746
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 4:10pm
Can we use PS2 players that we created?
Back to Top
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 April 2008
Location: Sunny Pembs
Status: Offline
Points: 13465
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Can we use PS2 players that we created?
 
Can't we afford PS3 ones then?
 
Seriously, the thread does say dreaming, so let us have our fun. We can't only be allowed talk about how crap we are, can we?
Supporter of the evil region against the gallant union
Back to Top
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Don't blink

Joined: 15 August 2004
Location: Pemberton
Status: Offline
Points: 18746
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 4:15pm
Jonah Lomu for PS1 was better.
Back to Top
coach driver View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 03 January 2007
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 913
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 4:46pm
gavin henson 
Coach Driver
Back to Top
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 07 May 2008
Location: The Bont
Status: Offline
Points: 5478
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Jonah Lomu for PS1 was better.


Haha running up the pitch throwing hand off after hand off.

'that's a huuuge Gary owen!'
13
Back to Top
scarletwonder View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 April 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 60
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 4:48pm
haha about the ps1 and 2 players!!
But to be honest there isnt that many players of quality available out there at the momment. Any suggestions?!
I think Greg Rawlinson from Worcester is a serious possibility if they get relegated.
There is Brent Cockbain at Sale but he is past his best.
Back to Top
merthyr.T.x.scarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 09 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1578
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merthyr.T.x.scarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by scarletwonder scarletwonder wrote:

1.CeriJones(Harlequins)IestynThomas.PhilJohn.JaimieCorsi.
2.KenOwens.EdShervington(Ospreys)RhysLawrence.
3.RhysThomas.DeaconManu.SimonGardener.
4.LouReed.DamianWelch.
5.GregRawlison(Worcester).DomDay.

6.DafyddJones.ScottMorgan(Blues)AaronShingler.
7.RobMcCusker.SteveTandy(Ospreys).NickCudd.
8.DavidLyons.BenMorgan.JoshTurnbull.

9.TavisKnoyle.GarethDavies(A)AledDavies(A)
10.StephenJones.RhysPriestland.SteveShingler.

11.MarkJones.MorganStoddart.GeorgeNorth(A)
12.JonathanDavies.ScottWilliams(A)
13.ReganKing.NicReynolds
14.SeanLamont.AndyFenby.DaleFord(A)LeeWilliams.
15.DanielEvans.BarryDavies(Ospreys)

Ins-
ScottMorgan(Blues)-Being released,a good solid squad player. Get more game time at the Scarlets.
EdShervington(Ospreys)-Always thought of him as quite a dynamic player,needs work at the lineout. Plus will be 4th choice at Ospreys with MerfinDavies coming in.
SteveTandy(Ospreys)-Apparently released, he is a 7 that we need at the club,experienced.
GregRawlinson(Worcester)-Solid second row who might become available if Worcester are relegated.
BarryDavies(Ospreys)-Surely he is better than a occasional appearance in the LDV Cup for the Ospreys.

Out-MatthewRees-with both Rees and Owens likely to be involved in the Wales squad next season it just seems logical to get rid of one so that we can use the funds for a position of weakness.
MartinRoberts-Scrumhalf is a position that we have really good young players who are just as advanced in their development as Roberts.We are short of funds and he is a player we can afford to lose in my opinion.
RichiePugh.DarrenDaniel.JonathanEdwards-Have all had enough game time to prove themselves at this level.
GarethMaule-Not regional standard and we have two good prospects coming through the Academy at centre.
Retirement-SimonEasterby.

to get rid of those four would be the biggest mistake EVER
richie pugh- gives everything and very good on loose ball
jon edwards- tackles better than any one else in open play and actually competes for ball on the floor FACT!
gareth maule- yes he is just hasnt had the chance plus we cant live off regan for ever  
MATTHEW REES- not even going to say how ridiculous getting rid of an experienced hooker like him
http://www.youtube.com/user/walesxscarlets
Back to Top
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar
SF's only officially endorsed pollster

Joined: 10 November 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 13058
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by scarletwonder scarletwonder wrote:

haha about the ps1 and 2 players!!
But to be honest there isnt that many players of quality available out there at the momment. Any suggestions?!
I think Greg Rawlinson from Worcester is a serious possibility if they get relegated.
There is Brent Cockbain at Sale but he is past his best.
 
According to Ruddock the Worcester guys haven't got get out clauses if they get relegated, whether that'll end up meaning much when they do is another thing though.
Back to Top
scarletwonder View Drop Down
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 April 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 60
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2010 at 6:45pm
Its not ridiculous at all to get rid of Matthew Rees. We are in the worst position we have ever been regarding the playing side and financially. This decision of mine is down to the fact that we are going to be in the Amlin Cup. Its a totally different story if we managed to play Heineken Cup.
Rees has only started 6 games this season.
I would like to see Owens as the main hooker next season playing the Amlin and Magners....then someone like Shervington in the LDV Cup and Magners.
Ritchie Pugh???? you are mad. U need to be good at every aspect of the game to be playing 7 these days. Turnovers,ballcarrying,offloading.
Maule - i may be a bit harsh about not being capable in regional standard, but i believe Scott Williams and Reynolds are better.

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.