Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Injuries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Injuries
    Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:48am
In his WOL interview, Wayne states that Leigh should be OK for Glasgow, tight hamstring, but not pulled. Jake is out till next season, no summer tour. Johnny Mac may be back shortly,possibly by the final if we beat Glasgow.
Joshua24:15
Sponsored Links

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 11:56am
Good news on Jake I think. He’s a very important player for us and Wales and needs to be fully fit before he makes a comeback. Think this might be Pivac putting some pressure on Gatland not to take him on tour too.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

In his WOL interview, Wayne states that Leigh should be OK for Glasgow, tight hamstring, but not pulled. Jake is out till next season, no summer tour. Johnny Mac may be back shortly,possibly by the final if we beat Glasgow.

Good to know - 1/2p is such a rock at 15, our defence is always a lot more solid with him there, with his superb positioning... and his goal kicking is a bit helpful, too! He didn't seem in too much trouble when he came off, but the ice pack was waiting...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
mark in sydney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark in sydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 2:28pm
I also noted in the article that Jonny Mac will be available ..

I thought Leigh was coming off for what looked like a dislocated finger but saw the ice go on his hammy. Leigh can read the opponents attacking structures and his ability to cover tackle and take a high ball gives confidence...but he has comes on in leaps and bounds in attack this year compared to what he was doing (or expected of) at Toulon which was (not now) my concern in signing him ... boy its good to have a great coaching team 

Jake doesn't need a tour to Argentina ... my gut feeling watching the Jaguares in Super rugby it will be brutal up front ... 

I was there ...one Tuesday when the All Blacks came (and lost)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by mark in sydney mark in sydney wrote:

I thought Leigh was coming off for what looked like a dislocated finger but saw the ice go on his hammy. Leigh can read the opponents attacking structures and his ability to cover tackle and take a high ball gives confidence...but he has comes on in leaps and bounds in attack this year compared to what he was doing (or expected of) at Toulon which was (not now) my concern in signing him ... boy its good to have a great coaching team 

Jake doesn't need a tour to Argentina ... my gut feeling watching the Jaguares in Super rugby it will be brutal up front ... 

He hurt his finger right in front of me in S10. I could have sworn it was dislocated. It certainly didn't look normally aligned before the medics got to him! Dead
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by mark in sydney mark in sydney wrote:

He hurt his finger right in front of me in S10. I could have sworn it was dislocated. It certainly didn't look normally aligned before the medics got to him! Dead

The S4C commentators thought it was dislocated, too, FWIW - brave guy - fingers looked to be taped together on that hand, but it seems he went off for a hamstring twinge in the end.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Craca Hyll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craca Hyll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:10pm
Assuming there's no fracture (if they're considering him for Glasgow, there won't be), a dislocated finger shouldn't be a problem.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:42pm
He had a dislocated finger and hamstring twinge.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 9:49pm
Jake’s shoulder is a bit of a worry. Players are usually back on the field within 3-4 months following a dislocation these days. He must be about 6 months post-op now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic