Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Injury updates on BBC...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Injury updates on BBC...
    Posted: 09 September 2018 at 7:31pm
here...

Short version - Rob has done a shoulder, needs a scan.
Jonny did his neck attempting a carry.
Jake - twinge in achilles - precaution.
Steff - played last week because of dire shortage of players - will continue with recuperation now.

It doesn't sound as if the last three are VERY serious, but we'll see.

Edited by aber-fan - 09 September 2018 at 7:32pm
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 8:35am
Taken from article on beeb...

"Rob, we will need a scan to see what's going on there. We are not sure if it is a shoulder, but he felt it during the week and then again so he had to come off.

"Johnny went in and got a direct impact so we need to make sure there is nothing going on with his neck. That's what happens when wingers try to pick and go. He's had a bit of a laugh and joke about it and he's pretty sore, but hopefully it's not too serious.

"Jake was just starting to feel his Achilles area so the prudent thing was to get him off, he was walking around after the game with ice on it, so it was precautionary."

And some clarification on Steff

"The plan with Steff was always not to play him in the first couple of rounds. He played last week because of pre-season injuries to McNicholl and Halfpenny.

"He has only had three weeks of training since his knee injury and so he's nowhere near his full match fitness and he's not as sharp as he needs to be.

"Unfortunately for him we had to bring him back, but once the players were available again he went back to getting himself back to where he needs to be.

"He's not been dropped, he's just on track for round four or five."

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 8:51am
Whoops sorry, didn't see the other post!!
TheKing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2018 at 11:28am
Any updates on Mcnicholl or Rob?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 10:50am
"No surgeries are required to Rob Evans and Josh Macleod so that’s very pleasing. We’ll reassess them again next week and we’ll have a better idea on timelines. Rob’s probably the best scenario and we'll hopefully have him back in two to three weeks."
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 11:08am
Phil Price and Rhys Fawcett then for Benetton. Big game for them.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 11:18am
phil will do a great job. he is playing very well and rhys is well thought of. when is wyn back?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

"No surgeries are required to Rob Evans and Josh Macleod so that’s very pleasing. We’ll reassess them again next week and we’ll have a better idea on timelines. Rob’s probably the best scenario and we'll hopefully have him back in two to three weeks."

This is a fuller version from the Scarlets website:

Speaking earlier today at the weekly press conference Pivac said; “It’s good news actually, Rob’s a bit sore, Josh Macleod the same. No surgeries are required so that’s very pleasing. We’ll reassess them again next week. We’ll have to wait another week and we’ll have a better idea on timelines.

“Rob’s probably the best scenario, hopefully have him in back in two to three weeks, Johnny (McNicholl) will be training fully today and Jake (Ball) is training today.

“We’re not rushing Jon (Davies) we want to get him 100% right. There’s a lot of big rugby coming up and we’re doing ok in that position (centre) at the moment.

“The way things have gone for us so far this season we’re quite happy with how those results have turned out.

“Wyn Jones trained fully yesterday and if he comes through scrums he’ll be back in contention for the weekend. Uzair is back running and is just around the corner to make a return.

“Dylan (Evans) has had a bit of a bump to his shoulder, because of what we’ve got coming up we’re rehabbing him. With potentially losing two loosies to the international window we need to be sensible there.”

So, basically, reasonably good news.

(Ivan Turgenev)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 11:51am
Great news on all fronts really. Looks as if we might have Wyn back for Saturday so would expect something like the following for Benetton keeping in mind the fact that we have restrictions on a number of our NDC's. 

15. Clayton 14. Prydie 13. Fonotia 12. Hadleigh 11. Jonny 10. Rhys 9. SHC 
8. Blade 7. Cubby 6. Rawlins 5. Cummins 4. Bulbring 3. Samson 2. Ryan 1. Price

16. Ken 17. Wyn 18. Werne 19. Jake 20. Kennedy 21. Cawdor 22. Dan 23. Asquith.

Hopefully by the Connacht game we will have Rob & Uzair available with Foxy & Steff probably getting some time against Kings ready for Ospreys & Europe. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 11:53am
that is some team I have to say. will not be easy Saturday benneton never are but if we play with same commitment as we did on Saturday I would expect us to win. would be wise to rotate a few players. sure there are few bruises after Saturday and a few players who want to push for game time
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

that is some team I have to say. will not be easy Saturday benneton never are but if we play with same commitment as we did on Saturday I would expect us to win. would be wise to rotate a few players. sure there are few bruises after Saturday and a few players who want to push for game time

This. 
What was it, about 2 mins away from Benetton putting us out of Europe with 14 men, on our own ground? Thankfully, a bit of Steff Evs magic got us out of the hole.

They're conference leaders now too.
No complacency, bois.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 1:32pm
Treviso actually played some nice running rugby from what I saw of their game. Not just a forward display team. We need a strong team out certainly!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

This. 
What was it, about 2 mins away from Benetton putting us out of Europe with 14 men, on our own ground? Thankfully, a bit of Steff Evs magic got us out of the hole.

They're conference leaders now too.
No complacency, bois.

Too right - didn't they unexpectedly thrash us at home late season, a few years ago?

Effort must be 100%, with a few well chosen rotations - Bulbring must be due a game (unless he's injured?).
(Ivan Turgenev)
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 3:54pm

Would be pointless to have worked so hard to stay unbeaten against Leinster to then lose to Benetton. They are a very tidy side now.

Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2018 at 4:02pm
Not sure about his overall game, but their winger Ioane is a very useful finisher. We'll have to make sure that we cut out his opportunities. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic