Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Wales Thread (& teams)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2020 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

North is a shadow of the player he was....he looked as if he was still playing as a centre....our play was woeful tbh...lots of excellent comments on here....I worry for Pivac because this team played as mentioned like the woeful Scarlets of last season.  Cawdor should start his speed and nuisance value in the first 20 mins shouldn't be underestimated for me...he is so bloody quick....again players should be picked on form and it's going to be a difficult 6 nations 

Pivac has always made the odd weird selections...dropping cawdor for this match when he clearly had sextons numer, was one of them. His grudge with steff evans is another. Not sure why did didnt try will griff from the bench too. He also let shaun edwards go in a bizarre situation where he almost ended up with 2 defence coaches but offered edwards a lousy 2 year contract? bizarre

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2020 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

North is a shadow of the player he was....he looked as if he was still playing as a centre....our play was woeful tbh...lots of excellent comments on here....I worry for Pivac because this team played as mentioned like the woeful Scarlets of last season.  Cawdor should start his speed and nuisance value in the first 20 mins shouldn't be underestimated for me...he is so bloody quick....again players should be picked on form and it's going to be a difficult 6 nations 

Pivac has always made the odd weird selections...dropping cawdor for this match when he clearly had sextons numer, was one of them. His grudge with steff evans is another. Not sure why did didnt try will griff from the bench too. He also let shaun edwards go in a bizarre situation where he almost ended up with 2 defence coaches but offered edwards a lousy 2 year contract? bizarre

Let's hope he doesn't base his selection for the next match with the idea that Parkes is the back-up 10 in case of injury! Williams is out, we don't know how Biggar is recovering, and (as yet) there is no replacement 10 in the camp...
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic